• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome says My £12k CCA Regulated secured Loan will now become a mortgage!

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I meant was that it would be a good idea to rad that article as it contains all of the information necessary for you to be able to calculate the claim amount.

There are spreadsheets at the end to help you with the figures.

Here is a direct link to the article.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered

If you get stuck, shout here.

I take it you have a copy of the agreement (or the figures from it) and a record of the repayments made?

Ok so on the basis of those figures, the PPI is 13.65% of the total loan. Just to confirm this, can you let us know the cash loan amount and the PPI loan amount from the loan agreement please.

If the £31.77 is correct then you will need to enter the 120 individual payments you have made thus far into this spreadsheet.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

The other point which can affect the amount of redress is the date the loan was taken. When was this loan taken out please?

Yep you are OK...it is 13.65%

So if the total monthly repayment was £232.74 then you figure of £31.77 is correct so you can complete the spreadsheet as suggested above.

I will enter details into spread-sheet tomorrow morning as there will be quite a few to enter. I have located all payment details / statements from day one till current period in which I will revert as soon as possible for assistance in the matter.

Thanks again for your help and will advise further once completed.

:thumb:

• 3 months later...

There may be some...have a look around the welcome forum.

Trouble is people don't take it all the way and give it a good go.

They assume that a couple of letters will sort it all out.

Remember, court may be needed and even then there is no guarantee. It is all about how string a case you can out together and how you present in front of a Judge.

• Confused 1

I am sure there are successes on here for Dial4aLoan.

You said you sent the SAR to Dial4aLoan, it should have gone to Welcome as they hold the data that you need for the history of the account, not the broker.

The data that Dial4aLoan sent you in response to the SAR is probably correct, they will not have much information on you so I don't think you will be able to get your £10 back from them.

Get the data from Welcome and we can take it from there.

• 1 month later...

Welcome tend to lay their statements out in an odd way.

If you look at an unpaid dd entry you will see on one line it says £20 for that. On the very next line it will say "Capitalisation" with an amount of exactly the same.

However, look at the balance on the account and you will see that it only changes by one amount of £20.

Capitalisation is the entry which actually adds that amount to the balance.

As a result you only get 1 x £20 back as only 1 x £20 has been charged.

As far as the interest rate goes, the 16.20% is probably the actual flat rate. The APR quoted on your agreement will more than likely include other things like a set up fee and/or documentation fee.

Have you got the agreement still?

Hi

Ok 1.35% per month multiplied by 12 is the 16.20% figure and is therefore the flat rate i.e. the rate they use to actually calculate the interest on the loan.

The APR is higher due to their costs on the account/agreement.

They should be refunding you interest at the 16.20% rate on the charges they are giving back.

Ah now the PPI is slightly different.

What you should be getting back is the amount of the premium paid to date plus associated contractual interest and a further 8% on each of those payments made. That 8% runs from the date of each payment to the date of settlement.

Is it one of the sheets from CAG that you have used or one of your own making?

This is the one to use

StatIntSheet v101.xls

If you want to post up your spreadsheet I'll take a look at it for you.

Ok if the account is live and running then they will and can just credit those charges and the interest adjustment back to the account.

It does have the benefit of reducing the balance on the account of course.

With the PPI it should be a different approach.

If there are no arrears on the account then the PPI and all of the interest should come to you.

The reason for the difference int he approach is that the charges on the account are deemed to be notional only and simply affect the balance. It is ok for the lender to credit these back to the account.

With the PPI on a single premium policy, the premium has actually been paid to the insurer at the start and you are making payments as you go against that. This means that the amounts you have paid towards it are actually deemed as paid. That is why you get 8% on top, as compensation for your actual loss of the use of your money.

PPI refunds can be used to set against notified arrears but as this account appears to be running its normal course there are no arrears so the money would come to you.

The lender should restructure the future part of the account to remove the PPI element from it so your future repayment amount should go down.

I have assumed here that the PPI claim is being dealt with by Welcome and not the FSCS.

Ok as the account is currently being serviced properly and is apparently in order, then I would still say that the refund of PPI and associated interest should come to you and it is then for you to decide how to disburse it.

With a company like Welcome I would want to be rid of them as soon as possible so for me I would be happy for them to set off and give me any residual amount.

So again we see Welcome changing goalposts....yes we uphold your complaint......oh, hang on we smell a broker.....ah well we have changed our minds.

Just have to wait for the fos decision and if it is not favourable then it can always be escalated to an actual ombudsman as opposed to a front line adjudicator.