N244 Application fee to rise from £155 to £255 on 21st March 2016

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Possibly...who knows.

Clearly the entire court system is being reviewed. Just today, it has been announced that the Justice Minister is now looking carefully at fixed costs in civil proceedings. There are a number of links to the report but I have chosen this one as the comments at the foot of the article are worth reading.

http://www.lawgazette.co.uk/law/justice-ministry-backs-jackson-on-fixed-fees/5053474.article

Thanks BA very enlightening, especially as most of the comments are hostile to the idea.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...
What sort of increase in fees will/may be added to the N316 form? (To force a debtor other to attend Court) See here >> http://justclaim.co.uk/court-forms/N316-debtor-questioning.html

N316 Application for order that debtor attend court for questioning

Form N316 is used by the claimant, once they have won judgment, to bring the defendant to court for questioning. This used to be know as a 'Request for an Oral Examination'. The new title is less ambiguous but rather longer. This can be useful in trying to establish whether the defendant has the means to pay.

More details on how to fill in this form can be found in our guide.

Some very interesting remarks from a search here >> https://www.google.co.uk/#q=Court+fees+due+for+increase+in+fees&cr=countryUK%7CcountryGB&tbs=ctr:countryUK%7CcountryGB,qdr:m

re: these increases, see what the Barristers are saying...

I was sent a Summons to Appear once. In August 2012 I went into hospital for major surgery and when I got home, I opened a Solicitors letter accusing me of ignoring their previous letter which they had also had sent whilst I was in hospital. They wanted me to go to Birmingham High court to be "financially examined". I got the court papers and I told them I was not going due to illness. I told the court by phone as I couldn't write at the time, (pens don't work upside down!) For months I was travelling by ambulance as a stretcher patient, couldn't sit down, couldn't stand long periods, walked with a frame and had nurse visits daily and slept on the living room floor so the solicitor said the judge would "do something about me, I would be in contempt". OK-whatever!

I could not travel 130 miles so the solicitor went to court and won judgement but she used fraudulent figures to win her case. (£12000) I can prove this fraudulent activity but was off sick until 2014 but still couldn't travel this distance until 2015.

They have never enforced this. I complained to the court much later on,I was given contact numbers for about seven organisations and every organisation passed me to someone else. I have been wronged but I shouldn't be asked to foot the bill to put it right. We are talking perjury, fraud, defamation, derogatory treatment and the judge has gone along with it and clammed up. Disgraceful!

I complained to the court much later on,I was given contact numbers for about seven organisations and every organisation passed me to someone else. I have been wronged but I shouldn't be asked to foot the bill to put it right. We are talking perjury, fraud, defamation, derogatory treatment and the judge has gone along with it and clammed up. Disgraceful!

Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong!! The judiciary makes it up as it goes along- to suit themselves… Judges are bias and side with those who are legally represented… My trial judge forced me to participate as a deaf LIP who needed an audio loop, and when the equipment was of the wrong type, instead of adjourning for 10 minutes to set up the proper equipment, he made me carry on, saying he would tell everybody to shout… There is no Access to Justice, for those without the means to pay for it, unfortunately.

so true, if you want to complain against a claimants solicitor or even a DJ nobody wants to know, they do just pass you on to another regulator etc, unless you employ a solictor you have no redress, SRA was so called going to introduce a scheme - but no more was heard about it.

There is no real justice in this country, unless of course you have lots of money - same a s a 3 rd world country.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

There is no justice for the poor anymore.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

There is no justice for the poor anymore.

And the Ministry of Justice will disagree (as they have done so in the supporting documents to the new fees scale). Their argument is that anyone who is unemployed or in receipt of qualifying benefits is given free access to the courts by way of an NX160 Application (Fee Exemption form).

And the Ministry of Justice will disagree (as they have done so in the supporting documents to the new fees scale). Their argument is that anyone who is unemployed or in receipt of qualifying benefits is given free access to the courts by way of an NX160 Application (Fee Exemption form).

All very helpful, but access to a lawyer for those people would help to speed up cases… TB

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread