O2 Refresh Default Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Noob here with what may be the first of many questions.

Apologies if it's been asked already but I can't find anything on this.

I've just recently separated from my wife and I'm struggling to make all my contractual payments on all my debts.

I have a few O2 refresh contracts, phone, tablet and my daughters phone. These are billed, as I'm sure you will all know, as a separate airtime and device plan.

As I can't afford to pay them in full.

Does anyone know what will happen if I default on the device plans but maintain the airtime plan on full payment?

I'd really like to keep my daughters line active, but can't afford to pay the whole amount each month.

Will they stop the service or continue the service and take recovery action for the device plan?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and Welcome thisisme,

Sorry I don't know what they would do, I was going to suggest asking on their chat site but not sure if they have one.

Hopefully someone will give you some advice shortly though the site can be quite at the weekends.

Regards,

Scott.

Edit:

Noticed they do have a Forum, not sure if it's something you could ask there or not, maybe worth having a look...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/bd-p/4

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Thisisme and Welcome to CAG.

The issue here is that O2 run 2 contracts, one for Airtime which is a rolling 30 day deal and the 2 year contract under a CCA Agreement for the handset.

These will show up as 2 different entries on the CRA. Whats worse is if you have 2 or 3 lines, that means 4 or 6 entries if under O2 refresh.

My understanding is that if you miss a payment on the Phone but keep the Airtime payments up then you can keep the line active. O2 will not blacklist the phone. However we dont condone not paying for debts that are legally owed, so you'd need to work out an appropriate I+E to get yourself back on track.

Also i believe if both are defaulted, they potentially get lumbered together and sold onto Lowell who will fight tooth and nail to get money out of you. If you want to look at something like this think about how long is left, is a SIM only deal the right option? Maybe another network supplier too? Also, if you pay off the phone in full, they will terminate the airtime as part of the agreement.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks both for the warm welcome

And thanks very much fkofilee :-) thats kind of what I thought, and hoped would happen.

I understand you can't condone such action, and in all honesty, I don't really fancy the idea myself, but I can't think what else to do in the circumstances.

But, I guess its something I can live with, for now, theres not that much owing, and I could conceivably catch up. if I can reach an agreement.

Cheers

I hope you get that sorted thisisme, come back and let us know how things pan out.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert