Settlement figure doesnt make sense!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was involved in an accident last week, where my car has been classed as a CAT D write off, im buying it back and fixing it. However the thing that is most confusing is my finance settlement figure. My finance started July 2013 for 47 months at 115.07 and 1 at 265.07. I borrowed 3200 at %35.53 (i know but bad credit) and 29 payments done out the 48.

Insurance paying out 2830 for the car buy back at scrap £400, Finance advised to my insurance company that 1995.99 as a settlement figure. Ive negotiated with my finance company to take 1500 to leave me that extra 495 to get the car sorted, and they have agreed to continue my monthly payments until the 495 is paid off. However to me the settlement figure is off, seems a bit high for whats left. i would of put my settlement figure around 1500-1600.

I mentioned it just to my finance co and they told me trading standards can provide me the info if i wish to look into it.!

Maybe im confused on my numbers so can someone clarify.

Thanks

Hi All,

I was involved in an accident last week, where my car has been classed as a CAT D write off, im buying it back and fixing it. However the thing that is most confusing is my finance settlement figure. My finance started July 2013 for 47 months at 115.07 and 1 at 265.07. I borrowed 3200 at %35.53 (i know but bad credit) and 29 payments done out the 48.

Insurance paying out 2830 for the car buy back at scrap £400, Finance advised to my insurance company that 1995.99 as a settlement figure. Ive negotiated with my finance company to take 1500 to leave me that extra 495 to get the car sorted, and they have agreed to continue my monthly payments until the 495 is paid off. However to me the settlement figure is off, seems a bit high for whats left. i would of put my settlement figure around 1500-1600.

I mentioned it just to my finance co and they told me trading standards can provide me the info if i wish to look into it.!

Maybe im confused on my numbers so can someone clarify.

Thanks

http://www.financecalcs.co.uk/Calcs/Settlement.php

Gives a settlement figure of £1897.14 (& confirms the APR)

Where I'm confused is if the insurers are paying out £2830, and the buyback is £400, that leaves £2430.

That should settle the £1995.99, so you should owe the finance company nothing, and be left with £434.01 from the insurers (assuming no excess, or excess already included in their figures).