DLC Payments Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had a judgement against me in favour of Hillesden Securities t/a DLC back in 2014.

The judge applied a charging order to my property and I have been paying by standing order £45 per month ever since.

Today I have received a notice of sums in arrears from DLC even though I have not missed a payment since I started paying them, they actually also list the payments I have been making on the notice.

I may be wrong but the agreement I have with DLC started on the day the judgement went in their favour and a payment plan was agreed, this being the case I am technically not in arrears with DLC I am simply working to the agreed payment schedule and this information should be accurately recorded.

With this in mind an Arrears notice could easily be regarded as innaccurate and defamatory, perhaps a statement should have been issued instead.

My question is

whether there is any legal precedent I can call on to quote to DLC when I write to them about this,

or whether I am simply barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

Kind regards

Groaty

If you prove you are right

they will just say that it was an administrative error

or that you are misinterpreting the statement

but the reality is they want you to be frightened and then agree to increasing your payments to reduce the arrears/make sure it doesnt happen again.

You know you have a plan and that is ratified by the court

so stick to it and if Hillesden want more money then they can go back to court where yu can produce your statements and this letter.

Dont take the bait.