Reneging on an agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently informed that 4 colleagues where asked to work the night shift Xmas Eve and where told that if they worked it they would be paid a bonus plus time and a half for the hours worked.

The 4 staff have now been pulled into the office and told they wont be paid the time and a half for the hours worked nor will they get the bonus promised but have been told they can take the day they worked back as holiday.

Now one could say that as there was no one else round it is their word against the companies however the person who made me aware of this issue also did the Xmas Eve Shift was told the same thing and was paid the bonus plus time and a half He is going to bring in his wage slip for me to copy before I raise the issue with the PM

I would assume that faced with the evidence of the additional payment to one colleague the company would be obliged to honor the agreement if not what is the redress?

Regards Bill

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin:

What does your contract say about this?

Were the 4 colleagues all told the same thing at the same time or were they told this individually ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi no one is required to work the Xmas Eve night shift going into Xmas day however I am aware that the company as a whole was asking some staff iff they would go in I myself was considering going in but as I never got as far as to show my interest I was not privy to what was offered or not.

I would not be surprised if they where approached separately but am waiting to see the 4 colleagues to get a bigger picture.

What would seem to co-berate their allegations is that they where pulled in the office to be told the alleged deal had been rescinded. I know the 4 colleagues personalities and none would have agreed to work unless they had been given a deal. Plus we have another colleague who is saying the same thing who alleges he got a bonus payment and the time and a half.

I am obviously thinking as you ie their word against managers if approached individually. However the fact that a colleague who did get the bonus payment etc is co-berating their claims.

I will be clearer once I am in possession of all facts and allegations and hope that I can get some guidance from you knowledgeable people before moving forwards?

Cheers Bill

All information given above is purely my own opinion. Some based on personal experience. Where backed up by case files I will make that known. However, until then please take all of what I say with a pinch of salt and accept it only as a reference. :madgrin::madgrin::madgrin: