Advice about our tenancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our landlord is a dick. Sorry just wanted to get that out first.

I need some advice please.

Our tenancy ran out on the 27th July 2015 and our landlord has not renewed it so therefore it becomes a rolling contract. When the tenancy was coming to a end in July I rang the landlord to negotiate a deal where by he does not raise the rent (He was planning to) and I would use that money to get the fence fixed in the garden (It has been in poor condition since before we moved in). I said to him I wanted the tenancy first so once we got the fence done he did not put the rent up and we had a guaranteed 6 months at the lower rent.

He did not provide this so I did not get the fence done. I am not chasing him for a new tenancy as I have done it in previous years and I am not doing it anymore. It is not my job. I am fed up of chasing him for stuff he should be doing.

Anyway he calls me today asking if I have done the fence I said no as I had not had a 6 month tenancy and he said he agreed to 6 months at the lower rent. I said that is no good to me as I needed a set contract to protect myself for any rises.

He then said that I had been paying the lower rent since July anyway to which I replied Yes as it changed to a rolling contract. He then said he expects the fence done.

He is coming tomorrow to give me a contract from July 2015 to Feb 2016 and a new one from Feb 2016 to July 2016.

Is he able to backtrack a tenancy? If not do you have a link that will back this up for me?

Also am I obliged to sign a new tenancy that would start in Feb 2016 as we are looking at moving away from him?

Many thanks for any help

Your not obligedto sign any tenancy but that then means he can give you 1 months notice to move

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.