Barclays: SAR and/or CCA? Please help.

laidy_ma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays- SAR and CCA?

Dear Cagers,

As mentioned in another post I have 4+ debts which I desperately want to sort out ASAP.

I want to start with Barclays and I will rely on your amazing help I have seen you have given to other desperate people.

Please be aware that I am very inexperienced in dealing with creditors, DCA etc...

The situation:

Barclays current account: Opened 11-12 years ago.

I use this account to transfer £4 each month from another account to be able to pay my debts -£1 to each of 4 debtors.

This is including paying £1 each month to my Barclays unsecured loan (£1 payment agreed in 2013 via CDCS)...

My account is in ‘working’ condition but I can see online that my address, telephone number and e-mail are marked as unknown

–I guess they have found out that I don’t live at the last address provided to them.

My e-mail and the telephone number have not been changed though but they have deleted them from ‘my details’ file...

Barclaycard- Credit card: CLOSED by Barclaycard years ago (opened around 2004-2005,closed-unknown when and why).

Never had any late payments etc..

. I have overpaid £10 to the card and never received them back.

No documentation with me to prove that but I am sure about the above.

Barclays Unsecured loan: Information on Noddle about my unsecured loan:

Barclays Bank Plc

Account start date: ‘Summer’ 2007

Opening balance £ 20,000

Regular payment £ 385

Repayment frequency :Monthly

Date of default: ‘Summer’ 2010

Default balance : £14,000

Currently owning : under £13,000

Originally taken in 2007 for £20K as far as I remember to be repaid in 4 years-maybe 5 years!?.

I was supposed to pay £385 a month.

I paid £385 a month for over 2 years until November 2009.

I applied for the loan online through my current bank account online page

and I remember that the money was transferred very quickly to my Barclays current account.

I don’t have any paperwork of terms & conditions or signed agreement.

I am not sure if I was provided with any anyway.

Maybe I just ticked these as ‘read’ online without reading them to be honest.

The loan was spent on an unsuccessful business.

In October 2009 I became very ill and had to leave the country for treatment.

I did not pay anything to them for around 6 months while abroad in hospital.

I returned to England in June 2010.

I discussed with them my situation (conversations over the phone) and was paying them reduced payments

(as much as I can) but they did not agree to reduced payments and did not care and kept adding fines and fees.

I don’t remember receiving anything in writing from them-most of the conversations were happening over the phone,

any correspondence I might have had is lost.

I received a letter from CDCS (Central Debt Collection Services- Parent Company: Barclays Plc. Information about them here

: http://www.humberdebt.co.uk/help-with-central-debt-collection-services-debt-debt-management-and-debt-advice/ ) in 2013 agreeing to my £1 monthly payment offered to them.

Prior to that I was paying them higher amounts.

After that I never received anything from them, then I moved address and never contacted to update address as I did not have a permanent place of stay.

Please give me advice what to do?

I guess once I provide them with an address they may issue CCJ (non registered yet on Noddle)...

I remember taking the loan but I have not got any documentation etc..

. and have not got a clue how much fines , interest and charges they have added to my unsecured loan.

..Is the right thing to request SAR and CCA to Barclays?

I think that it is necessary to recover all the information

(statements, charges, interest, ppi and other insurance, applications, correspondence for loan,

credit card and current account, telephone conversations) before discussing any repayment

or settlements with them?

Will SAR provide me with statements for my current account as I will need these for proof of payments for different debts as well?

https://www.apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/subject-access-request?execution=e1s1

Do you suggest to apply via post or using their online system above?

Do you think that the best is to close my Barclays current account first

and then start communicating about the unsecured loan with them?

Is it true that once I have requested SAR and/or CCA there is a big chance interest and fines to apply to my account again

and to be asked to pay more than the token monthly payment?

Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by laidy_ma

so these debts are still with Barclays and not a DCA...

sar first yes.

then go from there.

if these debts are still all with the original creditors, I wouldn't for the minute CCA them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's great, thanks. It shows 'Barclays' as the lender on Noddle for the loan. Should I ask over the phone or pop in to a local branch for the exact address I need to request the SAR?

Will SAR provide me with statements of my current account and the credit Barclaycard and the loan? I need statements for the last 6-7 years at least for proof of payment/non-payment to other debtors via my Barclays current account...

there is an address sticky on this forums homepage

follow the full sar

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX. The last information about Barclays address is from 2008-2012 ...Not sure that this is the correct address... Has anyone requested SAR to Barclays recently and received a reply. Confirm the address if you have please?

Yes I do know the SAR Address

its;

Barclays Bank PLC

Privacy & Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

I did one recently.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 3 weeks later...

I went to update my address for my current account at a Barclay Branch yesterday because it did not allow me to do this online.

No problem at all- the woman in the bank did not ask me for a proof of identity which I would provide without a problem if she did.

She only asked me to put my card in the PINsentry device and enter my pin.

She said that she changed the address.

Now I checked my account online and the new address is not added/updated.

Should I go back to the bank or it does take some time for them to update the address?

I am a bit worried about the above because I sent SAR yesterday

and if the address has not been updated they may refuse SAR?

I am unable to change the address online because they found out that I am not at the old address.

they'll still prob ask you to send say a CTAX bill or something

did you not read the full sar thread first before sending it?

dx

and they

Yes I did read the full SAR tread.

I don't have CTAX or anything like this (I just moved but not expecting to pay CTAX or any bills anyway)

but I can proof identity with number of ID documents in any branch

which should be satisfying as they are looking for a proof of identity to issue SAR not a proof of address.

If they don't believe it is me this means they can't ask me to repay £13+K loan with them?;-)

If they need collection in person of the SAR I can collect from a branch which I see as an available option for SARs on the Barclays website

- then I can provide them with whatever they require.

I was just wondering if anyone has an experience with Barclays unsuccessful change of address?

If it takes some time before the new address is showing in my account or this is just a neglect on the side of the Barclays employee

at the till who said that she changed my address but maybe she did not do her job properly?

Will SAR provide me with statements of my current account and the credit Barclaycard and the loan?

it should do. loyds one did, a ream. and their logs should show last payment/activity on closed a/c's :)

you should be ok re the sar id as you have been in branch.

Great, thanks FORD.

My account is still open and in use. If they get picky and want more proof I can get to the bank again, so they can see it is me who requested the SAR. ;-)

I did not leave the SAR letter at the bank though but my visit have been recorded to be added to the SAR;-). I sent is recorded. I will keep you updated. Thank you very much for your great help.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent SAR to Barclays on the 7th and I have not heard anything from them, so I guess they are working on it as if they needed any additional information from me they would have sent me a letter by now...I will keep you updated.

I don't know if you remember I posted a while ago (I can't find the post) complaining that I went to a local Barclays branch to update my address

and I was told that the update was successful but My new address never appeared visible on my online banking account.

In fact no address is visible at all.

In fact I don't have any details in there: no telephone numbers, no e-mail, no address...

It only says 'Residential'.

The account is although in full working condition...but impossible to update details online either.

First time I called Barclays couple of days after updating my address at the local branch

the guy who told me 'Good afternoon' at 19:30 explained to me that they might be busy

and it may take a little longer for my address to become visible on my online banking.

Today I called again to ask why my address is still invisible.

After a long time on the phone they 'admitted' that there is glitch and there are more cases like mine and that all has been reported

and I will be added to this group of people with the same problem and that they are working on it.

They said that they will inform me what has happened

- I requested to inform me by post not a text message as she suggested that they will phone me or text me...

Anybody with Barclays online banking with the same issue?

Have you checked that your personal details are visible?

Why not complain through the CEO office? They should be readily available through online banking.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have sent SAR. Once I have received it I have to see what they have provided me with I may start complaining for more than 1 thing.:-)

I will see how long it will take them to resolve it...will keep you updated...I am curious how many people have this problem...

2 threads merged

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A small update.

As I have mentioned above I sent a SAR to Barclays on the 7th of January with a postal order of £10. Today I have received a reply from them returning my original letter and postal order telling me that they require a cheque or postal order Named to' Barclays Banks Plc'.

Should I just send back the original of my SAR (which they returned) to them but change the postal order with one including their name? or I am supposed to write a letter saying: As requested please find the postal order addressed to Barclays Plc?

I can't believe a crossed postal order without a recipient on it can be a problem because the postal order I sent must be fine to be cashed at any BANK!

Thanks in advance.

Enter their name send it back

and they

I'd write the shortest of letters saying :-

I enclose the Postal Order payable to Barclays Bank PLC, together with a copy of my original Subject Access Request of xxdate.

As you had no need to return the Postal Order, I trust you will ensure you reply within 40 days from my original letter, failing which I will make a formal complaint to The ICO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I sent SAR on 07/01/16 to Baclays.

On the 05/02/16 I received a reply from them returning my orginal letter and postal order telling me that they require a cheque or postal order Named to Barclays Plc.

I sent what they requested and I have a proof of delivery that they have received it on 09/02/16.

I also followed the suggestion be slick132 and told them that it was not really necessary for them to return the postal order in first place so the time counts from the time they received my original letter in January.

I have not got any news from them and it has been now 40+ days after I have sent the second postal order and 70+ days since I requested the SAR in January.

Can you advise what to do please?

Call them with the reference number and ask them?

Write to them and ask them where is my SAR?

Or wait a few more days and complain but to whom?