Tesco denying cancelled contract and defaulted.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hoping for some help regarding this matter.

My wife had a Tesco Mobile contract, it was £10 per month.

The contract started on the 23rd August 2011, the contract was for 24 months and ended towards the end of August 2013, she called Tesco at the end of September to cancel her plan as she wasn't happy with it, she was told she needed to make a further 2 payments towards the account, she stopped using the sim, waited for 2 more payments to come out of her account and then cancelled the direct debit.

We moved house and so she hadn't received any letters from Tesco regarding this, she assumed this matter was resolved.

Fast forward to the 21st of November 2015 and she did a credit search as we had been turned down for a mortgage application, she found a default on her credit report for £20 owed to Tesco mobile.

She has contacted customer services by phone and many times by email, they keep stating they have no record of her cancelling the account and that the account has been passed to a Debt Collection Agency, they say she needs to settle the account with them and they wont be able to take any action on the account.

This is the last email she received from them, they keep saying the same thing over and over.

Dear Laura

Thank you for contacting Tesco Mobile Customer Service.

I appreciate your concern and I'll certainly assist you with this matter.

Laura, I've checked the account and I can see there are no notes on the account where you've contacted us to cancel the contract in September 2013.

The first time you've contacted us via call on 24th November 2015.

I can also see the overdue bill notifications are sent via email, text and letter.

As mentioned in the previous email, the account has already been passed to Debt Collection Agency (DCA). You need to settle the account with them. We won't be able to take any action on the account.

If you wish to discuss it further, please call our Customer Service Team on 0345 301 4455 and one of our advisor will be happy to help you.

Normal opening hours are:

- Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm,

- Saturday: 8.00 am to 8.00 pm,

- Sunday: 10am to 6.00pm.

I'll appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter.

Yours Sincerely

Alok

Tesco Mobile Customer Service

She followed up with the following but I cant see it getting anywhere, what should I do now? I can't think of any way to prove that we cancelled the account, she stopped using the phone 2-3 months before the direct debit was cancelled, this has ruined her credit score for £20.

Dear Customer Support, Customer Services,

Reference: *******

As stated in my previous email I have moved address, therefore I have not received any letters from you regarding any debts you claim I have, I also stopped using my Tesco mobile sim once I had cancelled the contract with you so I would also not receive any "texts" from you.

The sale of the account does not relinquish your responsibilities surrounding the account, I will not be conversing with any third party collection agencies regarding this matter as I do not feel the debt should exist and therefore there is nothing to be "passed to Debt Collection Agency (DCA)".

I can assure you that I called to cancel my contract in September of 2013, I was informed I would need to take a further 2 payments, I stopped using my Tesco mobile sim around this time which can be seen in my call history, once the 2 months had passed I cancelled the direct debit with you and I assumed this contract was ended.

My original request still stands, I would like you to remove any charges you have made by mistake and remove any defaults from my credit file.

Yours sincerely,

Laura

Well don't pay it

That won't remove the default

Either sar them and. Get everything they hold

And/or email the ceo and complain

It's rare for a mortgage co. To refuse on a. Mobile debt

I thought they had sorted these silly situations whereby a gadget debt scuppers someone future

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's becoming a big misnomer with these outfits who believe that because they have 'passed' an account to a DCA it somehow absolves them of their responsibilities.

I'd be mindful of writing back to them and remind them that they are ultimately responsible for this account, and the mere fact that they see fit to pass it onto a powerless DCA, does NOT mean they are no longer responsible for the account, and as such, Tesco will need to deal with their customer direct and no correspondence will ever be entered into with their chosen third party debt collector, if they are saying that they are unable to assist you in this matter simply because they have passed it to this DCA then you deem the matter closed and no further correspondence will be entered into, any further letters or calls from Tesco or their powerless DCA will be treated as harassment and reported as such.

Who is the DCA, not lowlifes per chance?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The DCA is ccs collect,

they have only sent us one email regarding the matter which my wife actually thought was spam and put into her junk folder,

the £20 is really not the issue,

I have no doubt I could just simply ignore this matter and would never have to pay the debt,

the issue is the black flag on the credit report,

if that remains on the report then It will cost us thousands due to not being able to get the best mortgage deals.

It did surprise me that we got refused a mortgage because of this,

which is ultimately the reason she did a credit report in the first place,

we both have very good credit history and this one black flag is the only negative on either of our credit files.

Edited by matthewkeen

pleading letter to the CEO please remove the default

its for only £20 and is ruining a mortgage application

and is costing us £XXXXK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...