GDR Trace Letter, is it a scam?

Jimthack57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just received a letter in the post from GDR Trace, simply asking me to contact them as I may be the person their client is looking for. No other info is given, just a freephone number and an email address. All I have so far done is send them an email saying I can be contacted by return email. Almost immediately, I received an email from them with exactly the same wording as the letter. This made me suspicious enough to do some research on the net and what I've found is very worrying. Apparently they are a debt collection agency who hound people to pay debts which very often they don't owe, or are out of statute date. Has anyone else had dealings with these people? I have no outstanding debts, old or new and have never had any CCJs either, so obviously they have the wrong person, but none the less, I don't need a lot of hassle with people like this. Any advice please?

Hi and welcome to CAG

DO NOT call them. They send out multiple cards to people with the same name in the hope someone bites. It may be that you are the person that they want(but as you say, you have no debts) but you have no obligation to do their work for them

Bin it!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome to CAG

DO NOT call them. They send out multiple cards to people with the same name in the hope someone bites. It may be that you are the person that they want(but as you say, you have no debts) but you have no obligation to do their work for them

Bin it!

Thanks for the advice, I've also sent copies to Citizens Advice and local Trading Standards.