Equifax legal

xfox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking to take an injunction out on Equifax, and need other witnesses to make my case stronger.

Some example of my case.

HSBC confirmed by letter, I did NOT have any account with HSBC.

I asked equifax 100 times to remove the info and they refused. Opened case with Ombudsman, and now they suppress the information temporally.

Got Santander account which was settled, have proof, but Equifax refuse to mark as settled.

Contacted Santender with the proof, and they won't update the file. Still says I owe the money, but I don't (it's settled).

Looking to make a 2nd complaint with Ombudsman, try and get the FCA involved, and looking to get Equifax's credit licence revoked as they are not fit and proper people to hold a credit licence.

Been speaking to Equifax case workers, and they refuse to give names, refuse to give final response letters, keep saying people in training, people aware of it.

Equifax are worse then the Banks who charge PPI or the Payday lenders who got fined last month.

Similarly I'm having issues with Experian, but I want to help, these credit reference agencies are a farce.

Point 1, applied for an account with Santader a no credit account, this was credit checked and added to my file as "A credit application" which is was not and application for credit, I dispute the terminology used on a legal basis, contacted Santander, whom say "the account has (future potential) for credit" Surely then, would that not mean they'd run the same check if this happened in the future anyway! So why now?

They disputed with me that they are the ones whom chose the wording and instead blame experian for the terminology, experian deny this, and as they are a private firm, I have no legal right to an FOI to find out, however Santander are currently in the process of sending me the information given to them by Experian.. so I wait with baited breath to see whom is using the incorrect term, and a hope of overturning the decision.

Point 2. I had a business account with HSBC, they altered their terms on the account and I'd started to incur charges , which I disputed , the total was £524.00 I raised this concern with my bank manager, whom at the time said I'd have a fall back overdraft on my business account, yet that never appeared, I agreed to pay back £274.00 which is what I deemed as fair, considering they never informed me of the altered charges and the fact the overdraft never came into effect which would have stopped the charges in the first place.

HSBC have sent the account to 1st Credit, whilst still in dispute, this shows on my credit file as "Current Account" with 1St credit, now, I have never set that up, and nor would I agree that this is a current account?! the terminology is wrong, and both of these items are disputed, Experian have added notes to indicate this, yet it still effects my score.

Point 3. Experian have now changed the way they score you, last month I had 785 which is a respectable score I'm led to think anyway, but that is now 546 and NOTHING on my account has changed AT ALL, I feel they are manipulating people with these scores and using incorrect terms to describe scoring factors on each person account.

Equifax should have to remove these from your account if you can prove they are not yours, re: HSBC account!

In the case of Santander I'd go into the branch and ask them to physically send a letter and email to equifax stating the account is settled , I'm sure they would do this for you.

A creditor can sell an account/debt disputed or not and frequently they do so.

The fact that a defaulted account is now showing under the name of a Debt Purchaser

is correct. 1st Credit inherits the account totally when it purchases the debt, it's not

relevant that the debt " did not set this up".

If you have queries about the credit file entries or the phrasing of account titles you

can complain to the Information Commissioners Office which regulates the CRA's.