Tinkerbelle v A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following on from this thread here..

Don't ask me how, but a bounced DD for £17.00 has somehow turned into charges amounting to £177.00. They have refunded £67 after they were dealt a LBA a few weeks ago.

BTW I no longer use this account, and went back to the Halifax.

Today I sent them a secure message saying that I will be filing Court papers in the next 7 days, and they can avoid this by refunding all the charges applied. Well I did this to kinda nudge them into giving me some dosh back.

Below is their downright rude and condescending response, and what has driven me to take action sooner rather than later. :mad: I was prepared to let this one lie for a few months, until I sorted out some "other issues" but sod it...

=================================================

Thank you for your e-mail regarding charges raised on your account.

The charges applied to your account have been made within the terms and conditions agreed to when opening the account. Please note that the bank account will be withdrawn after 30 days notice is given if court action is taken as this will be confirmation that you do not accept our terms and conditions. Consequently you may wish to apply for another bank account with similar facilities before you take any action.

The charges have been raised correctly and, therefore, unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to offer you a refund.

If you have any further questions or need any more help please visit our 'help' section online or contact us again.

Kind regards

Customer Services

Alliance & Leicester plc

============================================

It's about £700 they get charged when I report them to the Ombudsman, right? :D

C'mon now Tink. They gave you kind regards.;)

Go get 'em girl!

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Right then, hostilities have re-commenced with this lot. Seems they expect me to keep paying them £50 per month for the priviledge of having an account with them that I no longer use.

Partial offer of £110 accepted with the threat of court acion if the full amount of £210.60 is not paid. Have also checked credit report and they have had the cheek to add late payment info. When will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

LBA requesting 3 specific actions typed, in envelope and awaiting postage as we speak. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

All done and dusted.

Told them in my LBA:

• I wanted the account closed with immediate effect, and to let me know where to send the cheque book and debit card.
  • Remove the adverse data registered on my credit report.
  • Any consent I gave them to process data when I opened the account is now withdrawn.
  • By agreeing to close the account, they also agree to cease processing my data.

They replied accepting all my requests and have confirmed that the refund will be sent to my new bank account. Though they did have the cheek to say thank you to me accepting their offer....yeah really!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I checked my credit report, and the late payment information has indeed been removed, though they did say that they will correct and remove all references to the account - so we shall see if it eventually disappears. Either way, i'm not fussed, so long as they removed the late payment info - which they have done.

Well done Tink. I like your style, and no need to go to court either. Well done.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.