faulty goods

Haven
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning everyone, hope im posting this in the right area.

I bought a Toshiba Chromebook 10 days ago from Very on a buy now pay later. The product is not fit for purpose and when having only a few tabs open it freezes, crashes and restarts. This is very frustrating as my DD is trying to study and research for college. We reviewed the product before we bought it online and it seemed a fairly good product for the price and more then capable of doing what we needed it for.

Phoned Very last night which of course meant i ended up with a over seas calls center. I explained the problem and told them i was rejecting the goods under the sales of goods act as it was not fit for purpose. This got me nowhere and they are insisting i contact Toshiba to arrange a collection and repair. I dont feel i should have to accept a repair to a product we have had for 10 days. Ive tried reading up about my rights but everything seems so vague. So thought i would ask you guys as you have always been very helpful in the past. So, what is the best course of action and what are my rights in a situation like this

Kind regards

Haven xx

Think you bought the wrong product for your needs. I don't think Chromebook can cope with many tabs open at the same time. Does not have enough capacity to handle it.

If i am right, then there is no argument under SOGA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think it should be able to handle more then 3 tabs at once or am i expecting too much ! The reviews that tested the chromebook all state it can still run with at least 18 tabs at once. I dont expect it to be all singing and all dancing but i do expect to be able to use it for more then 5 mins without it crashing and restarting!

The other possibility is that the software is not up to date. Sometimes the pre loaded software is out of date by many months. Therefore when you connect it to the internet, in the background it is trying to update a large number of files, which can take time to go through. If you tried using it while updating, it might struggle to cope.

Try connecting to the internet and allowing all the relevant updates to go through, without using the book. This might take quite awhile.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

There are a few IT experts on this site, who might help you resolve, if it is not a faulty laptop.

See how it goes. There are problems with software that cause crashes, but once resolved a laptop can start working properly.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to return an item for over 12 months now and its coming up to the deadline of the buy now pay later and we are still being held up with out answers the item was sent back 8 times and the repairer Lassco Services who is supposed to be an appointed Toshiba service centre that works for K & Co or Littlewoods yet speaking to Toshiba they have never herd of Lassco Services who has insisted there is nothing wrong with the item even after I posted a video on YouTube showing the item not working correctly all that keeps happening is we are being passed round on the phone to different departments and ending up ware we started Good luck with your problem but keep us updated.

Good Morning everyone, hope im posting this in the right area.

I bought a Toshiba Chromebook 10 days ago from Very on a buy now pay later. The product is not fit for purpose and when having only a few tabs open it freezes, crashes and restarts. This is very frustrating as my DD is trying to study and research for college. We reviewed the product before we bought it online and it seemed a fairly good product for the price and more then capable of doing what we needed it for.

Phoned Very last night which of course meant i ended up with a over seas calls center. I explained the problem and told them i was rejecting the goods under the sales of goods act as it was not fit for purpose. This got me nowhere and they are insisting i contact Toshiba to arrange a collection and repair. I dont feel i should have to accept a repair to a product we have had for 10 days. Ive tried reading up about my rights but everything seems so vague. So thought i would ask you guys as you have always been very helpful in the past. So, what is the best course of action and what are my rights in a situation like this

Kind regards

Haven xx

I have been trying to return an item for over 12 months now and its coming up to the deadline of the buy now pay later and we are still being held up with out answers the item was sent back 8 times and the repairer Lassco Services who is supposed to be an appointed Toshiba service centre that works for K & Co or Littlewoods yet speaking to Toshiba they have never herd of Lassco Services who has insisted there is nothing wrong with the item even after I posted a video on YouTube showing the item not working correctly all that keeps happening is we are being passed round on the phone to different departments and ending up ware we started Good luck with your problem but keep us updated.

I am a computer engineer and have qualifications such as Microsoft A+ and have been building , repairing and upgrading laptops and IT systems for over 15 years and believe me when I say you have a laptop that will be of no use its defiantly a bad one from the Batch and you need to replace it or get a refund.