UKCPS Letter from 'The Miah Solicitors'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A parking ticket was placed on the windscreen of my car from UKCPS last December (06/12/2014) whilst in the Staples car park in Hull which the PPC have named 'West Quay Retail Park'.

The initial ticket which I cannot currently find stated that the driver was observed leaving the site and therefore according to the sign been displayed in the carpark states I entered into a contractual agreement and would result in a parking charge notice. This been £100 and discounted to £60 if payment was received within 14 days. (see Attachment 1)

After talking to numerous people I decided to ignore this parking charge notice and did not make contact with UKCPS.

Following on from this I received a NTK dated (09/02/2015) stating that '(vehicle) was observed parking Without a valid permit or authority'. The letter also stated that the charge of £60 had not been paid in full and therefore a charge of £100 was now due in which I had 14 days to reply. I also ignored this letter. (see Attachment 2)

Another letter stating it was the final letter before court proceedings are instigated, dated (26/02/2015) appeared on my doorstep stating that the amount owing was now £125 if I settled the debt in full in the next 7 days otherwise may result in court action been taken with costs which could exceed £325. Once again ignored and thought it was an empty threat. (see attachment 3)

Letter 3 dated (30/06/2015) looked near enough the same, amount now owing £125 and is the final letter before debt recovery action will commence. Failure to pay or make a binding agreement to pay within 14 days of receipt of this letter will automatically lead to recovery action. Once again ignored. (see attachment 4)

The final letter which I have now received yesterday is from 'The Miah Solicitors', Debt Recovery Team. They are now telling me that the sum now due is £275. This been due to the £125 last demanded, £25 client administration fee and £150 legal fees in which I have 14 days from the letter dated. (see attachment 5)

I am now starting to get worried that if I don't pay this amount that it may go to court, but from what I have been reading online this may also be an empty threat as the Solicitor of the firm was fined £68,000 after been in a Boiler Room [problem]!!! I have read numerous threads all with different advise.

Could somebody please advise me on this matter as I am really uncertain on what I should do now and it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by sutton2055
JPEG to PDF file convert

If you're not replied to date

Then you keep ignoring now

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

P's pop your scans into a word doc

Save as PDF then attach it

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You seem to have received the NTD on a date that hasn't happened yet!

If the NTK does refer to the same ticket, then it is out of time for the POFA to apply.

So no keeper liability...

You've ignored so far, so carry on.

Do not ignore a LBA though.

( can't veiw your images currently, so advice may change when read. )

As they state, they are acting as debt collectors

. respond saying that there has been no breach of any contractual obligation to give rise to this claim and that they should refer the matter back to the incompetent crooks who engaged them as debt collectors

. Also ask them when did they get a consumer credit licence as they dont appear on the register so they cant be adding any fees to the amount that is being claimed and to stick that demand where the sun dont shine.

They are just typical of the parking industry, crooks and chancers.