Instalment Order v Attachment of Earnings Order

axtelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Group,

Sorry for this newbie question but are Attachment of Earning Orders and Instalment Orders mutually exclusive to repay a CCJ ?

To put it another way - a debtor wouldn't pay both at the same time to repay a CCJ would they ?

The reason for the question is that I understand a creditor cannot obtain a Charging order if payments under an Instalment Order are up to date but can a creditor obtain a Charging Order if payments under an Attachment of Earning Order are up to date ?

My logic is that if Attachment of Earning Orders and Instalment Orders are mutually exclusive then the law regarding Charging Orders and Instalment Orders must surely be applicable to Attachment of Earnings Order as well ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback / guidance on this.

Hi axtelle and welcome to CAG

Group,

Sorry for this newbie question but are Attachment of Earning Orders and Instalment Orders mutually exclusive to repay a CCJ ? Not exclusively but mainly

To put it another way - a debtor wouldn't pay both at the same time to repay a CCJ would they ? No

The reason for the question is that I understand a creditor cannot obtain a Charging order if payments under an Instalment Order are up to date but can a creditor obtain a Charging Order if payments under an Attachment of Earning Order are up to date ? They can now since changes of 2012...up to date or not

My logic is that if Attachment of Earning Orders and Instalment Orders are mutually exclusive then the law regarding Charging Orders and Instalment Orders must surely be applicable to Attachment of Earnings Order as well ? No...An Attachment of Earnings Order is a means of execution of a judgment ....a Installment Order is a means to pay a Judgment before execution

Thanks in advance for any feedback / guidance on this.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread