Faulty 18 month old Sky+HD box

Argyll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If every tom, dick and harry cried wolf 18 months 2 years etc etc down the line this country and its manufacturing industry will go to the wall and its the end user to blame for pushing their luck.

At the end of the day where does it end, lifetime warranties, if it breaks we'll fix it and on and on it goes.

We all like to get our monies worth out of anything we buy but the buck has to stop somewhere.

Just accept a replacement even if it cost £30 and leave it at that.

why?

a product under SOGA should last 'a reasonable time'

18mts is not reasonable

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

18 months is fine for any electronic/electrical item if manufacturers had any issues with their products their would be a outcry from day one and in this case its getting blood out of a stone and milk them dry.

The SOGA is in place to protect the consumer and in my eyes the consumer has had the use of the product for 18 months and now its faulty they try and get a new item, its cry wolf and sorry this is why to many companies go to the wall.

Anything can go faulty at any time so where does the buck stop?

Manufacturers have warranties in place so everyone is speaking from the same page and in this case its 12 months and that's in the contract, if the buyer does not like it then don't sign up or subscribe, simple.

a warranty is not a contract?

where did you get that from.?

its not me that makes the SOGA rules its the authorities

so upto 6yrs is possible on some products.

sri that didn't come out right.[removed]

cag has helped you why not help cag....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with dx. Soga overrules any silly ideas you have .. Realist.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

These are the terms of contract signed for.

So what's the problem other than milking the cow dry.

The Digital Satellite Equipment comes with a warranty against faults arising in the first 12 months after installation. The

12 month warranty also covers cabling and/or installation faults.

Sky will warrant any repair or replacement until the later of the end of the

original 12 month warranty period or 3 months from the date it was carried out.

Also under SOGA it says What can you do if goods are not of satisfactory quality?

If goods aren't of satisfactory quality you may have the right to return them to the seller and claim a refund. However, you may lose this right if you have accepted the goods. If this happens, you can still ask the seller for a repair, replacement or partial refund.

In this case the OP has accepted the goods, he did 18 months and he refused a repair which was given to him so again what's the problem?

Sounds like you dont understand SOGA at all. Lets just leave it at that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D