David Lloyd and ARC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter today from ARC Europe stating that I have arreas of £85.50 from David Lloyds (Which I accept) however I have a balance of £332 apparently. I'm assuming this is all made up of some admin fees. Do I need to pay these? The missed monthly payment came from all my direct debits being cancelled and I've been offshore the past month so DL have not been able to contact me as I haven't had a phone signal obviously.

What exactly can I do about this? I would like to just pay the £85.50 and move on ideally.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Yep, just pay DL direct the £85.50 and completely ignore the powerless ARC.

Although keep all correspondence they like to send, and keep a diary of events too.

You can lodge a formal complaint to the FCA regarding the unlawful fees they have added to the balance.

You're not paying them, just what you owe to the gym.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ARC Europe are a pain but not unbeatable.

You can still pay direct if you want, if they refuse then you tell them that you dont want to deal with their 3rd party clowns known as ARC Europe.

Trust me, dealt with them before, easily seen off.

I think those fees maybe David Lloyd though

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Spiersey and welcome to CAG

The problem is that DL may not be willing to deal with you, telling you to deal with ARC instead.

However, there's nothing to stop you trying to pay DL direct.

But to cancel the m/ship permanently, you'd need to have moved address, been made redundant, been relocated by work, or suffered illness or injury.

1. Do any of these apply to you ?

2. Re the offshore work, is this something new you've just started or have you been doing this for some time ?

3. When did you join the gym.

4. What's the monthly fee.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Spiersey and welcome to CAG

The problem is that DL may not be willing to deal with you, telling you to deal with ARC instead.

However, there's nothing to stop you trying to pay DL direct.

But to cancel the m/ship permanently, you'd need to have moved address, been made redundant, been relocated by work, or suffered illness or injury.

1. Do any of these apply to you ?

2. Re the offshore work, is this something new you've just started or have you been doing this for some time ?

3. When did you join the gym.

4. What's the monthly fee.

What could I do if DL refuse to let me pay them and tell me to deal with ARC?

I'm not actually looking to leave the gym if it makes things easier to pay it. I still plan on going if the issue is resolved easily enough, otherwise I'll be leaving.

I joined in early 2011 and I currently pay £62 per month

Hi Spiersey,

I would speak to DL gym manager in person and tell them you want to continue the gym m/ship but you can not/will not pay the vast amount being added on by ARC in penalty charges.

See how the DL mngr reacts and come back ............

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)