Need advice before issuing proceedings against Lowlifes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good day all.

I've got some on going issues with debts being managed by Lowlifes (via our friends at BW Legal). I've covered most of these elsewhere but in brief over £500 was mysteriously added to the account according to my credit file, they weren't updating my file regularly to reflect payments made and also a default has been recorded unreasonably late (IMO).

I raised a complaint and they replied with a derisory compensation offer but a promise that the accounts would be brought up to date within 3 weeks. I decided at this point that if this happened I'd be happy and waited. It didn't. They did reflect the payments to date (but it is now behind again and hasn't been updated) but didn't correct the £500+ charges added nor the default date issue.

I sent them an LBA and have had no response and need advice on 2 issues:

1. I sent the LBA about 5 weeks ago. Unfortunately some work issues etc meant I have only just been able to get back onto this. Do I need to send a new LBA due to the time passed or is it within my remit to decide when I issue?

2. As it isn't technically a money claim (though I will be asking for compensation) but a claim for failures under the DPA and guidance related to it from the ICO can I issue online through money claim or do I need to get a paper form?

Any guidance and advice gratefully received as always.