CRS/Zinc Hassle

TheSam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and I'm hoping to get some advice.

I joined xcercise4less where I stay for university in Nov '13 on a year long contract and then cancelled the membership in Oct '14, which I believe means I paid for all 12 months of the contract. After I cancelled, letters were sent to my parent's address from CRS saying that I owed money. Now the "debt" has been passed on to Zinc and is somewhere in the region of £200.

I spoke to them on the phone, which was probably ill-advised a few weeks ago, and, if I remember correctly, the majority of the charge was from admin fees. I didn't get much useful information past that.

I realise that I didn't cancel properly, so I'm not sure whether I'm in the wrong and owe the full amount or if they're just trying to throw the book at me and charge me a great deal for admin costs. I'd imagine I'm liable to pay for a month of membership because I didn't give them notice, but I think that'd be it, right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

So you completed your years term and then cancelled the direct debit?

Zinc are powerless on this one. Slick will be in shortly.

Failing that Ill draft a letter for you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi TheSam and welcome to CAG

You say you "cancelled the membership".

Can you say, did you cancel :-

1. By contacting the gym or Harlands.

2. In person or by phone.

3. In writing by letter or email

Or did you simply cancel the DD mandate after the 12th payment was made.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi TS,

Possible letter to Harlands :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at Xercise4Less gym in [Town].

I cancelled my direct debit mandate in October 2014 after paying for the 12 months I signed up for.

I now realise I should have made one final payment for the required notice period and I offer to pay this to you now. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

If you confirm in writing that you'll accept the amount of £xx.xx in settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Stay off the phone and send this by post to Harlands. Get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send it, so you have proof of posting.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)