Effect of an Attachment of Earnings on Credit Rating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone could help.

Last week my employer contacted me to say that they had received an Attachment of Earnings Order from the London Collection & Compliance Centre, relating to unpaid fines. I had no idea what this related to but after phoning them it transpired that the DVLA never received the change of address for my car when I moved in April 2014. As a result, I never received a car tax reminder in October and so only taxed my car at the end of December when it got clamped. However, unbeknown to me, the DVLA had already fined me twice but all correspondence had gone to my old address, as did the court summons for the unpaid fines.

I have this morning been to Highbury Magistrates Court and had the convictions reopened and dismissed as I settled with the DVLA. I now have to wait 10-14 days and should get a refund on the amount that will be taken from my salary this week.

My big concern is around my credit rating. Will the attachment of earnings affect this despite the fact that the convictions have now been dismissed. If so, is there anything I can do about it? Also, will these convictions show up on a CRB/DBS check or anything like that?

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachment of Earnings Orders do not appear on credit reports. Only the underlying judgment is recorded

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Shouldn't...it depends what triggered the AoE....as it wont be a CCJ ...but a fine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The AoE was triggered by a failure to pay fines for not having my car taxed and then missing the court dates that related to the fines, as I had no knowledge of any of it. The convictions have now been dismissed but I still have concerns over what may show up on any credit or DBS checks.

Then check them and see if they are clear/updated.

Experien ...Equifax...Call Credit for credit files....not sure how you check your DBS...read here....

https://www.onlinedbschecks.co.uk/