style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

4 days ago I were detained for "an offence of theft".

I left the store (a TKMAXX NOT in London) with a small object in my pocket.

I'm a ********, I know, but I did it, I can't deny.

2 mans was outside and brought me inside a small room. They asked my ID (I'm not english, I'm from another country in EU), compiled any papers, and asked my address. I said them a wrong address (same street but another number). They didn't call the police.

I have no excuses for what I did but I'm worried and I don't want to destroy my life in UK. So, I have any questions:

1) is better to go back and said them my right address? (police could find me reading my back account)

2) will they give my details to police?

3) could I have any problems to return in UK in the future?

4) could I have any problems with a job?

5) the value was £10, how much could be? if it isn't too much I could pay and close the case (so I punish myself for what I did)

Thanks and sorry for my english

1.no

2.no

3.no

4.no

5.no leave it alone.

you might get scary letters from RLP

but they can be safely ignored

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

simply to record the event.

nothing anyone can do with it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG.

IF the person who's number you gave actually knows you, they may either pass any letter on to you or send the letter back saying 'Not at this address' and perhaps giving your correct address. You really shouldn't have done this as the other resident(s) will get the chasing letters. It is up to you whether you contact RLP to rectify that.

DX is correct in that they can do nothing to you apart from send scary letters. Once they have finished their template letter game, they will pass this on to a tame debt collector who will have even less power that RLP.

The ONLY people able to take this further is TKMaxx as they are the 'injured party' As far as I am aware, TKMaxx don't do court as it would cost them far more than they could hope to get back--IF they won and there is no guarantee of that.

As for the police, TKMaxx had the opportunity at the time of your detention. They chose not do do so so they cannot get involved now.

There will be nothing on any passport database as you have not been convicted of any offence.

RLP can only release data to any future employer with your express permission and you won't be giving them permission will you!

It is safe to ignore further missives from RLP and any debt collector.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

ok, thank you silverfox for advice.

I have sent an email to RLP informing them about my right address.

Another question:

will, TKMAXX, monitor the event? or they don't care if I'll pay or less?

thank

TKMaxx will not be bothered in the slightest. They have passed the buck along to RLP so their input is entirely zero.

Make sure you read as many threads as possible and read the sort of letter that RLP send so that you understand what is likely to happen. Just remember that RLP and the pet debt collector can do naff all. Only TKMaxx can and they won't bother.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE