lowell & Shop Direct default date incorrect

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I had two accounts with shop direct and back in mid 2011 ran into financial difficulties and ended up defaulting on both accounts. I was only ever making token payments to both accounts and account A was passed onto Lowell in 2011 however for some unknown reason shop direct still held account B and only passed account B onto Lowell in 2014.

I know both accounts have PPI on them along with charges and I had intended to SAR shop direct to get my statements and claim back but I go sidetracked by life, however I've gotten myself together and want to tackle it now as I believe that these charges and PPI would wipe out a substantial amount of the debt and I've got enough save up that I could probably make a full and final settlement offer.

I checked my noddle report and account A has a default registered by Lowell in late 2011. I have no problems with this.

Account B however Lowell has registered the default date as late 2014. I queried this via Noddle and Lowell have of course said the dates correct. But it certainly isn't. I haven't made anything other than a token for this account since 2011 therefore I believe that the default date should be the same as account A.

Am I able to challenge Lowell with this date and request they amend it? All my defaults are due to clear in just over two years time from my credit report at which point I had hoped to get a mortgage to move home but this incorrect date would almost certainly go against me as it wouldn't be removed until 2020.

Do I SAR shop direct first and then ask Lowell to amend or do I do both simultaneously? If Lowell refuse do I have any other place to take my complaint to like a financial Ombudsman?

Thanks in advance

do the sar.

a new owner can only add their name to a default, they cant update the date to when they received an a/c.

yes, can request a formal correction. if it doesnt get sorted, then the ICO can get involved and make an order. if no result then, can take further action.