Chaucer recoverd my car to Copart and I want it back!

caroleuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The repairs on a vandalised Rolls Royce may be difficult to estimate as some of the work requires hand finishing by craftsman, plus parts may be difficult and/or expensive to source. Perhaps they wanted some control of the situation to make sure the exact work needed and costings could be obtained. Once it is out of the storers facility, they might fear that quite a lot of extra work will be found and they then have to mess around, possibly having more engineers inspections.

I assumed the vehicle had been declared a total loss, hence Copart's involvement and the whole issue of the customer retaining the car? But otherwise yes you could well be right.

It probably is a total loss, if not that a cash settlement, less the existing damage. The car has been sitting in a garage since September - by the sounds of it being ignored, so who knows what else is going on in that engine.

Copart are offering free storage, and offering to take it back once the claim is settled, that sounds like a good deal to me.

Yes I have just been speaking to the valuer and we have agreed a god price on the vehicle and is sending that across to the insurance company, so it is now just a matter of getting them to agree a salvage value, we are at this moment arranging a safe place to have the vehicle stored so we can start putting her back to rights. the insurance company have also agreed they will deliver it to us free of charge.

Looks like we only have one more hurdle to clear and this whole sorry episode will be over, I will not thank you all for the marvellous help[ we have received on this forum until we have the car and the money in had.

It probably is a total loss, if not that a cash settlement, less the existing damage. The car has been sitting in a garage since September - by the sounds of it being ignored, so who knows what else is going on in that engine.

Copart are offering free storage, and offering to take it back once the claim is settled, that sounds like a good deal to me.

Actually it has not been in his garage all this time it has spent at least 5 months in a farm yard and having looked at her yesterday she is showing the fact, but on the plus side we will be able to save her in the insurance pay out is what we are expecting.