HBOS Charges reclaiming - 5 Accounts over the years.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I'm hoping that somebody can help me here because I am about to start action against BOS and have got myself completely confused about what to do. My questions are these:

1. If I use MCOL and give my friend's address but mine as correspondence address is this OK? Will I have to do 2 claims or can I combine them as they are under £5000 combined?

2. If I use Summary Cause. Is there anywhere on the forum where I can find a statement of claim to use and what forms do I actually use. I have 2 amounts - one for £2500+ and one for £1500+. Will I have to do each of these claims individually ie wait for one to settle before doing the next or can I put them in all at once.

3. At the moment I am claiming income based job seekers allowance and the fees are quite high. I will be able to pay the£120 for MCOL tomorrow but do I send my claim form asking for it to be refunded with the claim when I put it in.

Sorry to be a pain about this but I have searched the forum all day trying to find answers and have got myself completely confused.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gemspan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Dont Know sorry, but I think I read somewhere that this has been done (except maybe you should have the correspondance go to your friend for forwarding...dunno). If your 2 claims are for the same account then there is no reason why they should'nt be combined, as far as I am awars.

2. No Idea whatsoever sorry

3. If you claim with paper N1 and are in receipt of certain benefits you can get remission on fees and not pay a penny....but if you are using MCOL you can't, then there is a space for you to include court costs in your claim.

Well, started my MCOL today for £3,253.35 for one account inc 8% interest.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

Was speaking to business banking ysterday and they advised me that they had been told by the legal dept that no business claims should be honoured because they dont fall within the contractual regulations. Told her as I was a sole trader and my account had been in my name then it should still apply. Am I right?

Still never had any letters acknowledging both my claims. Silly BOS. I often say that revenge is a desert best served cold!!!

Gemspan

i am waiting on a response from bos ,i am giving them until next wed,then i will see exactly which way to go ,i have now found out i can add the £800 in account maintenance charges for going overdrawn,so my total will be around £8500

i am waiting on a response from bos ,i am giving them until next wed,then i will see exactly which way to go ,i have now found out i can add the £800 in account maintenance charges for going overdrawn,so my total will be around £8500

I'd like to point out that I'm seeing far too many scots who were very happy with BOS (including me), until Halifax Plc. got their grubby mitts on our a/c's. I have a current a/c, websaver, an ISA, had a great business a/c and a personal loan (for my wedding and paid in full!). I was a happy BOS customer, my mother, father, sisters, granmother... All have have or had various a/c's and say the service is just not the same anymore.

I honestly wish I could afford to take HBOS through the Scottish courts, I just feel like it would be more... right? satisfying? Not got complete figures yet but looks like at least £3500. + Interest, but I'll be honest and say I'll wave the interest to get a full settlement early doors.

20th January sent my SAR to HBOS.

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

I'd like to point out that I'm seeing far too many scots who were very happy with BOS (including me), until Halifax Plc. got their grubby mitts on our a/c's. I have a current a/c, websaver, an ISA, had a great business a/c and a personal loan (for my wedding and paid in full!). I was a happy BOS customer, my mother, father, sisters, granmother... All have have or had various a/c's and say the service is just not the same anymore.

I honestly wish I could afford to take HBOS through the Scottish courts, I just feel like it would be more... right? satisfying? Not got complete figures yet but looks like at least £3500. + Interest, but I'll be honest and say I'll wave the interest to get a full settlement early doors.

20th January sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to HBOS.

I worked for BofS both before and after they merged with Halifax (merger my bum, it was a takeover!) and I can say from a staff point of view that things definitely declined. I left not long after and I have to say I detest the Bank of Scotland now - and can't wait to get my charges back from them!

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

I worked for BofS both before and after they merged with Halifax (merger my bum, it was a takeover!) and I can say from a staff point of view that things definitely declined. I left not long after and I have to say I detest the Bank of Scotland now - and can't wait to get my charges back from them!

Not long after the takeover, Aug 2003, I got married to my long suffering and patient girlfriend. I went in to my branch to make my current a/c a joint a/c. Someone new was at the desk. She informed me that I could not do this.

Ask I, why?

She replies, we'll have to close this a/c and open a new halifax a/c, sir.

Says I, you must be joking! Close my a/c of over 15 years and open a new one of 0 years. I don't think so!

Taken aback she stares blankly at me like I've grown a second head.

Forcefully I state, I'm a BoS customer, NOT a Halifax PLC customer. Should I not retain my BoS a/c as is, then I shall take ALL my business elsewhere.

She looks pained and informed that it wasn't that she couldn't do what I asked. It was just the paperwork/systems had all been changed to the Halifax model and she would have to go a find some of the older paperwork.

Says I, move along then please, thank you! Poor girl, I did feel sorry for her as she was just doing as she was told by her supervisors. 3 or 4 months later I felt the first niggles of what was to become common practice under Halifax PLC!

Sorry for the rant guys, but I feel much better now.

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ongoing claim with BOS for my ( now closed ) business account, I have been offered £965 as full settlement, my claim is for £1250 plus contractual interest ( almost £1000).........BOS settled my personal claim yesterday with judicial interest so I will continue with that until they pay contractual as claimed. They acknowledged the claim then paid out........still no letter from them only deposits in my account.

I'm in Scotland but used the English courts and a mailing address, saved me chopping up the claim.

they will roll over!!!!!!!!!

I'm now going to take them to court going back to 1988 when my account opened.With contractual interest!

roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi there

Well, Bank of Scotland have until Monday to acknowledge the claim and defend it. If they dont then first thing on Tuesday I press the button to get judgment by default.

To date BOS have not acknowledged any of my letters, nor have they acknowledged the court claim. If I didnt know I'd sent the letters and started the claim I'd think I was imagining I was doing this!!!!

Let you all know how it goes on Monday

Gemspan

Good luck Gemspan,

BOS waited until my return date to pay me.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there

Thank you. Its starting to get very stressful. As this is the first claim that has gone to court I am a bit niave. What is the return date? Is that tomorrow ie the final day by which they can acknowledge or defend? Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but as I say this is the first case I've had. Once this is settled I then go on to the next one!!!! eek!!!!

Thanks again

Annie

Hi, Annie,

Yes tomorrow is the return date, watch out for the postman or sit by the phone. Their Lawyer phoned me on my return date, just to make sure I would get in touch with the court to tell them they had settled.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1

Hi Scott

They're flying close to the wind doing it that way aren't they? What happens if I am out tomorrow. I start my new job tomorrow and will be out looking at venues in the afternoon and I walk me dogs (all 5 of them!!!!) in the mornings. If they miss me they miss me. They should be more organised shouldnt they?

When/if they phone, do I just phone the court to let them know it has settled? What if I phone them and then they dont produce the settlement? I suppose I would just go back to the courts and let them know.

Thanks Scott

Annie

Hi Annie,

I'm sure I got their letter of full settlement the same day they phoned me to check, that was my return day. I just phoned the court to let them know. I have to phone the court tomorrow as Capital One payed up on Friday and said they did'nt want to waste valuable court time !! I think they have had their butts kicked by the Judges for stalling.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi there

They wont take you to court. I had a look at your thread yesterday but couldnt answer so wanted to wait and see what the experts had to say. I think they are just stalling and hoping that you will relent.

Good luck. As long as you have the information you wont lose.

Annie

Well guys, BOS have acknowledged my claim and now have another 14 days to defend or settle!!! They have left this to the very last minute as this was the last day of return. They have never answered any of my letters and they have done this today. This absolutely stinks. What do you think will happen now? I'm really pee'd off about this!!!

Thanks

Annie