Hastings Direct will no let me purchase my car back

shussain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was recently involved in a car accident where the women pulled out of her drive and i went into her.

Anyway front the start Hastings haven't been to helpful, i have had to do alot of chasing just to get there engineer out! as apparently my details was not sent over to him properly :!:, i also didn't receive a courtesy car even thought iam full comp!:evil:

Anyway today i have found out its a total loss :Cry: I have had a friend (mechanic) look at it who thinks it is repairable, and i want to keep the car.

I have asked Hastings if i can buy the car back from them, they have said to me this is not a service they offer, and if i wanted my car i either not claim or try and make a deal with the scrap dealer.

So my question is how can i go about buying my car back from Hastings, i feel like i have had a nightmare with Hastings and all i want to do is get this settled and get my car.

Has anyone else had this issue and how can i resolve it?

p.s the car is still in my possession

Thanks

S.H

Hi,

I was recently involved in a car accident where the women pulled out of her drive and i went into her.

Anyway front the start Hastings haven't been to helpful, i have had to do alot of chasing just to get there engineer out! as apparently my details was not sent over to him properly :!:, i also didn't receive a courtesy car even thought iam full comp!:evil:

Anyway today i have found out its a total loss :Cry: I have had a friend (mechanic) look at it who thinks it is repairable, and i want to keep the car.

I have asked Hastings if i can buy the car back from them, they have said to me this is not a service they offer, and if i wanted my car i either not claim or try and make a deal with the scrap dealer.

So my question is how can i go about buying my car back from Hastings, i feel like i have had a nightmare with Hastings and all i want to do is get this settled and get my car.

Has anyone else had this issue and how can i resolve it?

p.s the car is still in my possession

Thanks

S.H

Hopefully the Hasting rep will be along later to assist you.

You can often keep the car, but they don't offer this straight away, if the car is a write off, due to the assessment of repair costs. Others who have posted on here, have been able to keep their cars and Hastings have settled the claim for an amount, less the salvage value of the car that Hastings would have obtained. So you end up with some money to sort out the repairs yourself.

Best thing to do to get a quicker response is to email Hastings making reference to a post on the Community Action Group site on 30/4/15. Ask them to contact claims, so they can try to come to a solution you may be happier with.

send an email to help@hastingsdirect.com

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Shussain,

I'd like to let you know that we've received your claims query and will be able to investigate and give you a call to discuss it. Retaining a car that has been deemed a write off is not the normal process as some cars can't go back on the road but on occasion we can allow this to happen. Once an independent engineer is able to confirm which category the write off belongs in then we can determine what the next steps are and hopefully together we'll come to the right outcome for you.

Many thanks,

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Am having the exact same issue, through no fault of my own a lorry drove into me on a roundabout tearing off half my back bumper, the asssesor came round and deemed my car irrepairable considering its age yet i know the only thing wrong with the car is the damage caused by the accident as have spent time and money making it a decent car. I was shocked when ringing up hastings to hear that when the report from the assessor does come back and if it is deemed a right off i will be offered money for the value of my car but not be allowed the car back? In no writing in the policy does it say this, i also asked if id be allowed the money for repairs (cash in lieu) and was told this was also not an option! What is the point in insurance when the only money i can get is by letting them take my car or voiding the claim totally recovering my car and paying for my own repairs even though the accident was entirely not my fault!!

James

Hi James,

If you would like me to provide any assistance or look into your issue for you I'm happy to do so. Just email] and include this post plus your reg & DoB.

Many thanks,

Joe

Hi joe have emailed you and have just heard that the assesor has deemed the car to be a write off so dunno where i can go next, will be looking into other garages prices, totally unsure why i cant be offered cash to fix the car thats left over after the scrap value as they were willing to pay me £677 but id much rather keep the car