The Times/Sunday Times Subscription

Sausage1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I took out an on-line Times subscription in June 2014 which is due to end December 2015 (18 months)

In January my payment method changed and early Feb I rang customer services to provide them with my new payment method and to make two payments to bring the account up to date. Early march I received an email informing me that my subscription had been cancelled (by them) on the 21st Feb and that the whole subscription was now owed and if not paid court proceedings would begin.

I called them and explained two payments had been made and the account was up to date. They could not find the two payments (only one) and, after basically calling me a liar, insisted I provide a copy of my bank statement to prove the payments. I did this on the 2nd March and was told they would be in contact.

Today I received a letter informing me that court action will be taken if I don't pay the full subscription of £303!!

Where do I stand with this?

The provider has cancelled the contract ( I was not in breach) and has not provided the agreed service since 21st Feb 2015.

To be frank, I haven't missed this service and the way I have been treated no longer want it.

As they have cancelled the service and subscription and I'm not in breach of contract can I simply walk away?

Help appreciated.