Job Centre Plus first interview (income Support)

Leakie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I would be grateful for any advice

I have had to claim income support for the first time,

I am a single Dad with 3 children 2 of school age and 1 pre school,

I have been told I will have an interview every 3 months whilst I claim,

Can anyone tell me what to expect, from the interview,

So far it has been a nightmare trying to sort everything out, as everything takes so long, or departments not communicating as they should.

As a result my land lord has given me notice to leave, as the housing benefit was messed up. (still not sorted)

I do not intend to be on income support for long only until my youngest is at primary school full time,

Thanks in advanced

Leakie

Its just an appointment to confirm that your circumstances haven't changed i.e. you are still receiving Income Support and they'll ask if you want any help getting back into work etc. Really nothing to worry about

I would also contact your housing benefit department and tell them your LL has given you notice to leave due to not being able to pay the rent because of the delay in sorting out your housing benefit!

Thanks Ros1609

I think this is just to confirm my circumstances,

I can not work the 30 hrs for working Tax credit until my youngest is full time at primary school,

He will be 4 in July so probably will not be full time til January.

Leakie

Depends on the school. My little girl was 4 last July, she started full time school last September. No January intake, no half days etc. Straight into 9-3 days

But you can claim Income Support as a lone parent until your youngest child turns 5

Thanks Ros

when he goes full time I will be able to hit the 30 hours for working tax credit and not have so many restrictions,

I will see if I can go on any courses like book keeping or IT whilst I am off work,

I find it hard not being able to work properly, But have done this for my children.

Leakie

• 3 weeks later...