Sainsbury's Energey aka British Gas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To summarise, stay away from them, absolute rubbish customer service.

Usual story - current supplier's plan coming to an end, comparison sites show Sainsbury's as cheapest option so despite previous run ins with British Gas I sign up. Order is confirmed, all details correct, they will contact me for meter readings in due course. Didn't hear another word until a neighbour brings round a letter addressed to me at her address about the direct debit.

After first accusing me of putting in the wrong address, they eventually concede that it was their error but say it doesn't matter because no harm was done. My supplier hasn't been changed so they offer to honour the price I was quoted if I still want to transfer. They have taken the first direct debit payment but promise to put it back in my account immediately. Then 5 days later they change their minds and say they haven't taken it only to back track again when I get stroppy. Refund is allegedly on it's way with a gesture of goodwill (they offered a bouquet but that would play havoc with my hay fever so I'm having the cash instead) but for some reason I have now opted to take my business elsewhere.

Neighbour is not so happy - they're still trying to change her supplier back but she's not holding it against me. I hope she gets more than a bouquet, but I've given her the forum details just in case.

I knew going back to British Gas was a bad idea, but did it anyway. It's a bit like running out of wine so having a whisky even though you know it will give you one hell of a hangover in the morning.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

A shame that you accepted their gesture of goodwill. I'm quite sure that if we had helped you to begin an action against them, that you would have had a better settlement from them – as well as the satisfaction of giving them a slap.

Have you actually accepted it – and is it in full settlement?

What about your neighbour? With they like to have a go?

Hi Bankfodder,

Yes I know I could have got more if I'd pushed it, but they were right in that no real harm was done to me so I'm actually happy with the £50. In fact, they did me a favour by messing up before I was stuck with them for a year and I've ended up with a better deal through Co-op Energy instead.

If they don't sort out the neighbour's issues I will help her with whatever she wants to do and/or direct her here.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I would have held out for £150