style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Shell,

I appreciate that you will not want to hear this but unfortunately you will not be considered vulnerable on the grounds that you have suffered a bereavement given that your husband passed away approx 18 months ago. Also, being on limited income does not in itself make someone vulnerable for enforcement purposes. Over the weekend I have been putting the finishing touches to a new STICKY about bailiff enforcement and 'vulnerability' and this will hopefully make the position a little clearer.

I am sorry to hear about the court being unable to process your N244. I assume that Marston's have withheld any action recently awaiting further news from the court.

The debt is a civil one and as such, the enforcement agent is not able to force entry but can of course take control of a vehicle parked outside. Having an engineer in the property to install a new boiler is naturally of concern as the door could very easily be open and access easily gained.

You say that a payment proposal was rejected. How much is the amount that Marston require and what proposal were you wanting to make?

Thankyou for the reply. I certainly feel vulnerable so its hard to accept i wouldnt be seen like that to others. Asking for help or admitting defeat is not something i am familiar with and after fighting cancer and waking each day for 3 years wondering if my husband would still be breathing beside me youd think this would be easy bit i feel like im 2 steps forward 3 back all the time.

i will make another application to the court to get the ccj set aside but if they dont what happens will marstons just keep coming every week for the rest of my life!!!!!!

Does the fact all of my posessions are already under a suspended order to another hceo pending my keeping up the payments, surely two bailiffs cant get cobtrol over the same assets??

My car is always locked and whilst i have no choice but to park outside its not clearly infront of my house its a public road so theyd have to guess which was mine...do they do that? Its only worth about £400 and was bought with company money as needed it for work altho the v5 is in my name for insurance reasons.

Is there alimit on how many times they come?

Ive heard that they threaten people with prison, can they do this or is everything they write in letter format just scare tactics?

If i just always continue to not let them in when does it end?

So worried and at the end of my line now ive fought so much for life over the years and now im fighting for my posessions and my home too :(

S

Marstons should not be threatening prison for a Civil debt, they can't force entry for a non criminal debt as they can for an unpaid fine. Their EA will hint he can.

If your goods are under a Controlled Goods Order for another debt then Marstons can not Take control of squat apart from the car which they may clamp to pressurise you.

Keep him out and try to make sure the boiler man keeps the door shut and locked.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!