CSA written off debt

oldme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received a letter in February this year advising me that if i did not contact the Csa they would write the debt of 2600 off my file.

Contacted them on the day to say i didn't want that to happen and was told that it wouldn't and they would start chasing the debt.

Today received a letter stating that as i didn't contact them they have written it off completely and it cant be reinstated!

How can they do this its absolutely shocking, never got a penny and now they have written off every penny thay he could have paid when he got work

• 1 month later...

If you are unhappy with the decision of the CSA you can appeal that decision and ask for the case to be reviewed, please see here

https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/complaints-and-appeals

Have a read and if you think you can still make a complaint then I would do so in a hurry, the best way to deal with an agency is to keep everything in writing. this way you will always have a paper trail...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.