Halifax Credit Card- after bankruptcy and dicsharge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need an opinion on this is anyone has any ideas or should I just SAR them?

I had a Halifax Credit Card from 1997, included in my bankruptcy Oct 2010.

Tidying up my credit history I came across this that puzzled me.

The credit cards showing movement on the balance.

When I look at the balance history in September 2010 shows £4,210. In Oct 2010 £4,030. Between Oct 2010 to Aug 2012 the monthly balance gradually decreases to £3,455. (Looks as thought payments are being made, I haven't made any).

Then between Sept 2012 to Mar 2013 the balance starts increasing in gradual steps to £3,926.

Why would this happen?

Thanks

I would send a Subject Access Request to see what the Bank's records are saying.

If this was included in your Bankruptcy then I think this should be reflected on the credit file.

When were you discharged and would the Official Receiver have any idea why this has happened ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would send a Subject Access Request to see what the Bank's records are saying.

If this was included in your Bankruptcy then I think this should be reflected on the credit file.

When were you discharged and would the Official Receiver have any idea why this has happened ?

SAR sent today, will update in a few weeks. Official Receiver has nothing to add, no proof of debt has been received from Halifax so he is still working on the impression the balance figure I supplied is correct.

Interesting Halifax have marked it as satisfied at date of discharge but the account hasn't be marked as closed.

Lets hope it is just another of their "admin errors" ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have a long wait for the SAR but its really puzzling me, I have the balance going down after bankruptcy in Oct 2010. Plus the account status is showing as below OK for a period. How can I have an ok status between Dec 09 & Sept 12. Default is shown as date of bankruptcy 2010.

The looking at payments made to the account after bankruptcy I have the following. (hadn't spotted this before on noodle)

Dec 11 £70

Jan 12 £57

Feb 12 £62

Mar 12 £53

Apr 12 £60

May 12 £58

Jun 12 £53

Jul 12 £56

Aug 12 £56

No payment or statement balances are recorded between Feb 09 and Nov 2011. But the balance does go down.

Who made the £525 in payments between Dec 11 and Aug12.

Lets see what the SAR response reveals, Miaspa.. but it does look very odd doesn't it ?

BCOBS

• 1 month later...
Well my updated CRA now has no payments after bankruptcy, with no further transactions occurring. Just over a week for Halifax to comply with SAR so I can see what happened.

Seems I will be waiting a bit longer for my SAR request they are saying its 40 days from the relevant department receiving the info so it took two weeks for it to hit the right place. 40 days is up on 26th April.

Letter I had from them did mention insurance, maybe the £10 will not be a waste.

Seems I will be waiting a bit longer for my SAR request they are saying its 40 days from the relevant department receiving the info so it took two weeks for it to hit the right place. 40 days is up on 26th April.

Letter I had from them did mention insurance, maybe the £10 will not be a waste.

It is 40 calendar days from the date the company receives it !

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look at my current credit report and compared it to the one I printed out in February 2015.

Halifax previously had the following balances

Jul 12 £3,452

Aug 12 £3,448

Sept 12 £3,444

I now have the same balances recorded for the following months May 09, June 09 and August 09.

All the transaction match up just to the first credit report, they have just moved them back 39 months in the current one.

Can Halifax really get their submissions that wrong?

Still no response to SAR request other than a letter confirming receipt.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the SAR back. Every thing hunky dory on the statements I had issues on. Obviously an admin error along the way!!

Oh but PPI (Repayment Insurance) from June 1997 to Jan 05, Interest applied on account until 2010. APR 20% lets have some fun!!