Willen/CSA now MKDP chasing welcome loan

paddyjoe68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I read some of the posts here,

I recently received a letter from this company named Wiiien, CSA.

The said they were attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.

If i could help them maybe find this person then call a number that provided.

What should I do?

should I reply or call the number?

should I ignore?

Like one person on here said they had lots of mail and even someone at the door.

i live with an elderly aunt and i dont want doggy people calling to the door and scaring her,

what should I do?

can I do?

Hi Paddyjoe,

Welcome to CAG.

First of all, never respond to a phishing letter, wait until something arrives through the post with full details of amount, who the creditor is or was.

Ignore all phone calls, if you do answer refuse to go through DPA and hang up, if anyone does turn up then tell them to get off of your property or you will call the Police, they have no legal powers whatsoever.

Please start your own thread for each debt or problem, that way it helps everyone who either replies to your thread or someone else in your situation can easily search and read up and become more knowledgeable.

To start a new thread click the link below...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?114-How-do-I-post-my-story-on-the-Consumer-Action-Group-forum

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

own thread created.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its worthy to note:

Compello Group...

Impact Collections

Keynes Collections

Milton Keynes Recoveries

MK Rapid Recoveries

Raven Recoveries

Willen Collections

are all the same company

willen collections are rarely used today

as Compello were carpeted over such dubious operations some years ago.

ignore them

just remember

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NOT SUCH LEGAL POWERS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Definitely ignore them.

And in the unlikely event they do send an unsolicited stranger to your door, you can tell them to clear off before closing the door.

They have NO legal powers at all, regardless of how many clip boards or ID badges they have hanging round their neck,

next doors cat has more legal rights to be on your property than these clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi on the 19th of February I received a letter from a company called Willen (letter had been sent on the 16th),

asking me if I was the occupant of a previous address , which they listed.

That they wanted to get in touch with me over a personal matter.

If I wasn't the person they apologised for the contact but if I could help with the where abouts of the stated person then please contact them.

When I looked up this company I found that they were a debt collector firm in Milton Keynes.

I received a reply from a member on here, Stigman, telling me never answer phishing letter, which I didn't.

Now on the 28th of March I received another letter MK Rapid Recoveries, (sent 10th March, 18 days later I received the letter),

stating that furthur to their recent communcation of ownership of balance they hadnt received any offer of payment from me.

They are offering to help with a repayment instalment arrangement to clear he debt.

They also state the amount owed and the original creditor.

They say they will continue to contact me by post of phone until i contact them to resolve this issue.

What should I do in this case? can anyone please advise me?

Hi there

Stigman has it correct. Ignore But file somewhere safe, anything that comes from them.

If they phone, hangup. Refuse to answer any security questions.

*IF* you receive a Court Claim form, then return to us for advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have merged both your threads together for history.

If you keep to this thread people helping can see the history :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you SabreSheep for the quick reply. I won't answer this letter then, they say in this letter that they had sent a previos contact where they tried to come to an arrangement with me but i didnt reply, I have not received any such letter from them. To date I've received only two letter, the one today being the second.

whats the debt all about please

dx

and they

so its SB'd?

is it on your credit file?

and they

see noddle below

old wives tale unless you update an address which you should always do

else they'll get a CCJ to an old address by default.

sb is statute barred

6yrs no payment or signed letter acking the debt fron you

and they

Thanks, yes I had to leave that address back in December 2005 due to losing my job at the time. I didn't change my address so I don't know what letters were sent there for me, I had many problems at the time. So do you think I should just continue to ignore them and carry on as normal?

Yes. Even if they try anything, statute barred is an absolute defence. Not even a court can undo that.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful.

I will keep this thread updated on what is happening.

I just have one more question,

is there, do you think, any significance in them saying they sent me another letter in which they offered terms for repayment, one which I never received?

also the time the letters seem to take to arrive at my house.,

the first one took four days from date of sending the second took 18 days from date of sending.

uk mail on the envelope?

can take 15 days by them.

that sentence is in all DCA letters

made to make you think that they are escalating things

rather than its just another phishing attempt

what is the original debt all about and with whom?

dx

and they

The original debt was £3000 and with a company called Welcome Finance ltd:

It was taken out to help a friend at the time who then later refused to repay me the instalments even after i lost my job and had to move home.

Obviously my name was on the loan so it's my responsibility

but as I was in dire straits at the time I had to leave where I was living at the time and moved else where.

I had paid the first instalments of the loan before all this happened.

Do you think that SB applies to me in this case?

Good old 'compello' group!

Check your credit files first and see what, if anything, is on them, then you can start from there.

Trying to second guess without all the facts is pointless, get your ducks in a row first then you will know

what angle to attack them from.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can use Noddle, which is free, BUT isn't always as accurate as Experian or Equifax as it takes a while to update, but it's a start.

You'll need to give them card/bank details to check your identity, OR you can always write to Experian Equifax with £2 and get your credit file printed off in hard copy.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/dashboard

In a word yes, BUT, you need to start somewhere, it's pointless hiding, grab them by the jacobs and hit them head on.

Since its welcome, SAR them and get reclaiming. I guarantee you there will be amounts on that debt you can reclaim. Plus with interest, it will be a nice bit of cash in your back pocket, plus since the debt is SB, nobody can touch it, unless welcome buy the debt back, offset it then sell it on ( which is extremely unlikely.

Get that sar off, you could get a bit of money out of this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D