Bank account for 16 year old, no ID?

lunar jim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong place, feel free to move it if it could go somewhere better...

To cut a long story short, my partner's neice is staying with us at the moment. She has enrolled in a local college who will pay her a bursary for attending.

She has no bank account, and they can only pay the bursary into a bank account in her name.

The problem is, due to the circumstances she moved in with us very quickly, in another part of the country to her home town. She did not bring an ID with her, any ID she has is with her mother and getting it sent here is proving impossible.

So... Is it possible for her to get a bank account without ID? Anything to get her bursary paid to her.

Alternatively I guess we could try to get the bursary paid into my account, but I suspect the college woldn't be too keen.

Any advice would be great :)

I think that you should make an appointment with college authorities and meet them with the niece to discuss the problem. Reading between the lines, I gather that there is some tension between her and her family. I think that you need to explain this to then college. You may well find them very sympathetic and anxious to help.

Also, I don't kow what the rules are for getting hold of birth certificates - but I would consider contacting the birth certificate, but I think that it may be possible for her to obtain her own one. Start looking here - https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate#what-you-need-to-know

It may be easier than you think