Lowell Portfolio I Ltd & O2

WelpMe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm being chased for debt I defaulted on to O2 back in May 2013.

I had closed the account with O2 and was liable to pay the early termination fee.

At the time, I was a first year student,

and was duped into that contract by a subsidiary of O2 who had COMPLETELY deceived me on the terms and conditions of the contract -

namely that it was not O2 I would have a contract with

, but this subsidiary (their name escapes me now).

After some arguing with this O2 I had my account moved over to them.

.. after more rubbish service from O2,

I closed the account and figured that was it.

I was naive and wrong.

I am now being asked to pay £476.83 by Lowell Portfolio Ltd.

They have sent me two letters.

The first was dated 15/01/2015, and the second 02/02/2015.

With the second letter ("notice of assignment")

they attached a letter from O2 explaining the outstanding debt

and why it was taken over by Lowell.

I'm still a student, I can't afford to pay this debt.

I would very much appreciate any help and guidance on what I can do to have this debt cleared.

I've learnt my lesson, and never made this mistake again,

but ~£500 isn't something I can afford,

especially as I'm not working due to injury right now.

I know that I should never call them directly,

but I also know I need to respond to their request,

what should I do please?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you need to find out how much the debt is and that means contacting O2 if the assignment amount is incorrect.

I would also wrack my brains to remember who you signed up with

and get any paperwork you have on that together to make a complaint to O2

or them, if they are still in business.

you need to find out how much the debt is and that means contacting O2 if the assignment amount is incorrect.

I would also wrack my brains to remember who you signed up with and get any paperwork you have on that together to make a complaint to O2 or them, if they are still in business.

I doubt it's correct, O2 change it all the time when I was talking to them on the phone, they said £570 or something ridiculous like that over the phone.

I will get on the phone to O2 to see, thank you.

edit: It's incorrect! I have an email from June 2013... And they charged me £435.79.

Does this mean anything?

Edited by WelpMe

Try and keep everything in writing or email, unless you can record your phone calls?

Ignore Lowlifes for the time being, but NOT any court papers they might try to send you.

Look at their threatogrammes, and you will see it is full of 'If's, maybe, could' etc etc, not we will.

Lodge a formal complaint with O2 today preferably, they will undoubtedly try and palm you off with their standard line that it is 'nothing to do with them they have now sold it' when in actual fact it IS very much to do with them, just because they have sold a lemon debt does not negate them or their responsibility, a bit of vicarious liability!

Once O2 have taken responsibility for their actions then you can simply tell lowlifes to bog off.

In the meantime, I wouldn't go rattling their cage, deal with O2 first.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Try and keep everything in writing or email, unless you can record your phone calls?

Ignore Lowlifes for the time being, but NOT any court papers they might try to send you.

Look at their threatogrammes, and you will see it is full of 'If's, maybe, could' etc etc, not we will.

Lodge a formal complaint with O2 today preferably, they will undoubtedly try and palm you off with their standard line that it is 'nothing to do with them they have now sold it' when in actual fact it IS very much to do with them, just because they have sold a lemon debt does not negate them or their responsibility, a bit of vicarious liability!

Once O2 have taken responsibility for their actions then you can simply tell lowlifes to bog off.

In the meantime, I wouldn't go rattling their cage, deal with O2 first.

I'm on the phone with O2 now, and it looks like Lowell have forged this letter!

They keep saying on the phone they have no idea about this "letter" or my account at ALL!

This telephone conversation is being recorded and they are racking their brains trying to find this account!!!

It looks like Lowell Forged the letter completely.

It looks like Lowell Forged the letter completely.

Most DCA's have free licence to use letter headed paper, so they can attempt to fool debtors into believing that the original creditor has knowledge of the passing on of accounts.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Most DCA's have free licence to use letter headed paper, so they can attempt to fool debtors into believing that the original creditor has knowledge of the passing on of accounts.

This has to be illegal, surely?

It's embarrassing for O2. What do you suggest I do?

The telephone conversation was recorded with the customer services rep at O2 I just spoke to.

In which case if O2 has no knowledge of the passing on the debt, Lowell can't chase me for it?

It's not even the correct amount.

And the account closed in June, not May, as Lowell originally stated.

I just checked my email history from O2 (thank god I rarely ever delete emails).

So you closed the account with no money owing?

Did they confirm that over the phone? And are they willing to put that in writing?

Have you checked your credit file? Does this appear on there?

Are the tame missives from Lowlifes address you correctly?

So you closed the account with no money owing?

Did they confirm that over the phone? And are they willing to put that in writing?

Have you checked your credit file? Does this appear on there?

Are the tame missives from Lowlifes address you correctly?

Well O2 have no clue about my account at all.

I had given the lady the account number which was on my original emails (and the letter sent by Lowell),

and they couldn't even find my account.

It's all been recorded, she just said at the end, "take the letter to an O2 store, maybe they can help you, but we've got no record of that account."

They even tried searching with my post code, email address and name, AND the original O2 number I had. No results came up.

I closed the account in June, not May. I was owing, but not the amount Lowell asked me to pay.

I have no idea how to check my credit file, but I will find out asap.

They didn't address me at all. No title was put on the letters, just a name. Twice.

What your name??

If you've never checked your credit file before, then you can use experians 'free' 30 day trial, BUT ensure you cancel it well within the 30 day trial period.

It's nothing to really worry about, just a poxy moby debt, which in the grand scheme of things isn't even a priority debt, so attracts the legal minimum

token payment.

However, you need to get to the bottom of whether this is your debt or that of someone else, it's not unheard of for lowlifes to chase a completely innocent

member of the public, in fact it's a daily occurrence!

What your name??

Yes, they had my name right, and my address but no Mr/Mrs/Miss. Just my name.

If you've never checked your credit file before, then you can use experians 'free' 30 day trial, BUT ensure you cancel it well within the 30 day trial period.

Will do!

It's nothing to really worry about, just a poxy moby debt, which in the grand scheme of things isn't even a priority debt, so attracts the legal minimum token payment.

However, you need to get to the bottom of whether this is your debt or that of someone else, it's not unheard of for lowlifes to chase a completely innocent

member of the public, in fact it's a daily occurrence!

How can I find this out? It could very well be my debt but if O2 have no clue about my account, where do I go? Experian?

No it firmly stays with O2, they are responsible, regardless whether they have sold it, they can't just wash their hands of it.

If they can't find any trace of it, then that is all you tell Lowlifes, and at the same time lodge a formal complaint

with O2.

No it firmly stays with O2, they are responsible, regardless whether they have sold it, they can't just wash their hands of it.

If they can't find any trace of it, then that is all you tell Lowlifes, and at the same time lodge a formal complaint with O2.

I will be looking through the templates to see if there's one I can adjust to fit my situation for Lowell,

and I will try and find one for O2 as well.

I'll even send them copies of the letter Lowell sent me,

stating that I have a recorded telephone conversation with their customer service rep

telling me my account with them does not exist

so they should not allow other companies to psychologically harass me.

Feels great to stick it back to O2 considering their service was so poor,

it was less than useless and just URGH, never going with O2 again for as long as I live.

I'd just rather do without a phone entirely!

Many thanks for your help!

go get your credit file

noddle is free see below

does this debt show?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go get your credit file

noddle is free see below

does this debt show?

dx

Hi!

Just got my report from Experian! The debt does NOT show!

My score is 719 out of 999 with 2 negative score factors:

1) You have no settled non-mail order credit accounts.

2) I am not yet on the Electoral Roll (I applied on Friday last week)

I don't know what 1) means yet... but I'm working on it!

Anyway, since the debt does not show... can I just ignore Lowlifes?

How much was the early termination fee?

When we spoke on the phone last, they quoted a number in the range of £500, however, as my above post says, the debt on does not come up on my credit rating history thing.

So can I just ignore lowlifes?

It doesn't even seem worth the hassle since they really don't have anything on me.

I don't even know why they bothered to be honest.

Thanks in advance!

nice try lowlifes

bugger off!

your score will improve once on voters

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So can I just ignore lowlifes? Oh yes, absolutely!

It doesn't even seem worth the hassle since they really don't have anything on me.

I don't even know why they bothered to be honest.

Thanks in advance!

So Lowlifes haven't even bothered to search your credit files either?

Typical, this is their ''state of the art'' tracing service, blanket bombing an entire post code of addresses with residents who have the same initials as their intended target to provoke a response......this is why people need to stop playing tin pot DCA's at their games and just ignore the, or bait them.