Royal Mail refusing compensation for damaged special delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sold a phone RM special insured delivery through amazon which arrived damaged (the phones sim tray was crushed in transit), the person who bought it off me sent it back without the original packaging as they chucked it away. RM are refusing to compensate me either for the value of the phone, (150) or the repair of the phone (50) as I can not provide the original packing. Is there anything I can do?

Provision of the original package is critical to any investigation, without being able to check that for damage, they won't be able to confirm it was damaged in transit or by the recipient.

But what if the buyer chucks the packaging away, is it worthwhile to take a few picture of the parcel before sending?

It's not about how it left you, it's about how it arrived at the other end. If the package was damaged on delivery, they could assume that it was done during transit, but if it arrived in an undamaged package they would assume that the damage was already present or done by the recipient.

The recipient should have opened the package in front of the postman and checked it before signing.

Read your postal insurance policy. Also check to see if your household policy covers it.