Claimant Commitment Advice for Universal Credit

Piano Cube
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, a Claimant Commitment does count as a Job Seeker's Agreement. You were right to argue most points, including the "Use Universal Jobmatch daily" - As we have seen recently, the site is not always available, and it is quite possible for you to have outages with your internet connection. The JCP will probably say "use the library if you have no internet connection at home" - All well and good, but public libraries are not open every day. The same would apply to the requirement to "monitor e-mails daily".

I would also argue that Universal Credit is not a government agency or company. It is a benefit intended to replace Job Seeker's Allowance and (some) other benefits paid by the DWP. Phrases such as "I will contact Universal Credit" should be replaced by "I will contact the DWP".

You could also argue that the CC is invalid as it does not display the DWP and JCP+ logos in keeping with all other "official" documents.

One question: Do you currently have a valid JSAg ?

L.W. will be along shortly to offer valuable advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I don't have a valid JSAg, my claim for JSA ended in December and was shut down, this is a new claim.

If it is less that thirteen weeks since you closed your last claim, I would have thought you would have done a 'rapid reclaim'. Under such circumstances, your original JSAg would still be valid (unless they have changed the rules).

There are two activities on that commitment that suggests you should be doing them "daily". Does this mean for 7 days a week or 5 ?

For DWP staff, it means Mon-Fri 09:30-16:30. For the unemployed, who have nothing better to do with their time (according to popular opinion), daily would mean seven days a week including public holidays from 00:00-24:00.

One suggestion for Piano Cube: If you value home time (with partner & children if applicable) and/or are reliant on public transport, restrict the hours available. Starting an early shift at 06:00 when the first available bus turns up 07:15, or finishing a night shift and having to wait two hours for a bus is not good. Office based staff generally work 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri and outside those hours, subject to negotiation.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.