Microsoft takes a stand against the US government on data privacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Microsoft has taken a stand against the US Government and put itself into contempt by refusing to hand over data stored on it's Irish cloud servers to the NSA.

More and more companies are using the cloud and if they can't rely on privacy and secrecy of their commercially sensitive data, they will stop using the cloud for storage.

Microsoft has a number of allies include Apple, Google, Dropbox, and Amazon.

May they win for all our sakes. If business stops using the cloud, there will not be enough income to maintain the services just for the public storing music and pictures so they will close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNZRSuuTzg

Good for Microsoft, if the US government were to reciprocate then I would say fine.. but they don't.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is a lot of guess work there and I certainly would take with a big pinch of salt anything that a 'Traitor' says.

There is a difference blocking US data from the authorities and blocking foreign data from US authorities. Just because the company is US it doesn't necessarily follow that the data held in foreign server houses comes under the jurisdiction of the US.

This is what MS and others are saying, you can't take by force something from another sovereign country ie Ireland.

it was said in the first link that it was a 'hint' :)

ps you call 'him' a 'traitor', but he has poss exposed things re privacy invasions, such privacy which you are championing the protection of!

depends what jurisdiction applies, not where the data comes from/is held.

:)

• 3 months later...

I don't like cloud storage, I prefer the good ole' fashioned external disc drives! You can never tell who can see what you put on the web. I mean, agreed it is handy to store stuff on the internet which is one huge hard drive after all but anyone can snoop on the data-which I suspect the nsa are trying to do?