Statement request - half a response

sammy115
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three weeks ago i requested online five years bank statements. I received a reply from them acknowledging my request and saying i should receive the statements within seven days. Since then nothing!

Would you recommend that I now write, recorded delivery, the standard letter requesting the information under the DPA, or do you think that I have already done this and should just wait until the 42 days from my email request.

Definately send a written request....

It's the only way that guarantees getting what you need. Also, even if they say thay will do it for free, send them the £10 fee.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm fighting the Halifax, not shAbbey National.

I've had a quick look on the Abbey goup page and can't find a contact email address, although they do seem to have an online message system on their main website HERE

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi - i wrote to Dawn Hoyle at the address in Milton Keynes as found on this site...here it is in full again:

Dawn Hoyle

Head of Complaints

Abbey

PO Box 5129

Milton Keynes

MK9 2YN

She has replied saying it will take up to 4 weeks to investigate, but there is an email address that came with the letter....customerservices@abbey.com So maybe that's worth a try

I emailed customer services through the website this morning, and got a standard response in reply.

"Thanks for your e-mail regarding duplicate statements.

You will normally receive your duplicate statement within 7 working days, however at the moment we are experiencing a high volume of requests and it is taking 2-3 weeks. If you have requested information that is more than two years old your request may take longer. "

As soon as I have enough money I am going to send a recorded letter to the data protection people, at least then I will have 'officially' set the ball rolling, although I do wish I had done this earlier, then I may be nearly at the end of the 40 day period.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks