Scottish Power compo for missed appointment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so back in august i had an appointment for a meter change,sat in and no one bothered to turn up. called them to be told that someone had cancelled the appointment the day after it was booked even though i had a letter confirming date/time etc dated 4 days after the day i booked the appointment. anyway,they said i'd get £22 cheque because no one turned up...okay great i thought.

i was dealing with the CEO's office for something else at the end of september,and i just happened to mention the cheque as it hadn't turned up to be told that the person who said they'd issue it on the phone hadn't bothered. The person from the CEO's office put it through to be sent out at that point.

receive a letter on the 16th october saying i'll receive the cheque within 10 working days,nothing had turned up so called them. issued another cheque to me,told to wait 7 days if its not arrived call back. again nothing so phoned back,cheque issued again last monday and was told if it didn't arrive by friday to call,friday comes and nothing to another phonecall. person said oh wait til tuesday,yesterday nothing came. gave them an extra day and nothing arrived so called them to be told the cheque will be issued for the fourth time.

im getting sick of this,its been going on since august. its always me chasing it up.

where can i go from here?

it may only be £22 but thats a lot for me and it was going straight on to the gas considering its getting freezing these days.

so frustrated.

sorry for going on a bit.

Have you dealt with this on the phone ? If so, and you haven't recorded the calls, then you need to send a Formal Complaint to their Head/Registered office.

IMHO, you now want them to increase their compensation.. the original £22.00 for wasting your time and say another £25-£50.00 for further wasted time chasing them up - telephone calls, etc and interest on the original £22.00 ?

Point out that you have received several empty assurances and if they haven't resolved this within X days then you will be escalating your complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Try the following link http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/pdf/standard_of_service_information.pdf

Use the find function in adobe or chrome and search its guarantee standard for 22..... you should find 7 instances of compensation including an effective doubling to £44.00 should it fail to pay within 10 working days;

'How payments are made

Guaranteed Standards payments are made to you automatically by cheque – you do not need to apply. If we are aware

of a failure and do not pay you within 10 working days of becoming aware of it, we will pay you an additional £20 for gas

and/or £22 for electricity.'