Need Help With Brighthouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had accounts with bright-house for about 7 years,

but have always paid up my accounts right to the end

ie:- finished and kept the goods

however as i am on benefits sometimes i would miss a payment 1 week but make it up another week

I have seen the charges for late payment go from £2.50 to £5.50 I must have paid hundreds of pounds in late fees over the last 7 years.

In the last few months it has become very hard to keep up but i do

however i find myself paying charges every week now,

the company refuses to remove any charges as

i have 4 accounts my charges every week are £22

phone calls are continuous to my mobile phone but very few to my home phone.

I use a call logging and blocking app on my mobile and have noticed that since i sent a letter forbidding them to phone me

they have increased their calls from 2 calls to my mobile to at lest 5 a day + 2 texts,

these seem to be coming from a central call center,

these happen every day of the week except Sunday,

they have also turned up at my house but i refused them entry

and then sent them a letter forbidding them

and saying i will call the police if they turn up again.

I have only 6 months left on my tv and only a few months left on my other 3 accounts

is there anything that i can do to stop these cowboys from hassling me?

I think i have paid them far to much already.

Help

Edited by Conniff
Tidied up

Hi, sorry we missed you.

Keep that log of the calls safe.

On the assumption that you have requested IN WRITING that they stop the phone calls AND have agreed to correspond in writing then they are harassing you.

If not, get the telephone harassment letter off to them.

I think these charges can be recovered (but not absolutely sure) so you would need a full accounting history to show what you have paid.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Yes I have sent a letter the template I got from this site for both visits and telephone calls, I also sent them a letter saying that I will not pay any more charges however the last few times I have been in the charges still remain and if i refuse to pay them then they refuse to take the payment

go reclaim all the late fees they are unlawful

and what about the useless DLC & OSC?

get those back too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Morning Leeontop

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We appreciate that our customers’ circumstances may change at any time. In order to make our customers experience with BrightHouse as smooth as possible; we take each customers circumstances into consideration and are committed to assisting all customers through any financial difficulties and we’ll listen to your individual circumstances and then agree on the best course of action to help you get back on track.

With regards to the calls that you are receiving. This notifies a customer that has missed their payment and allows them to be transferred directly to a store representative who will be able to discuss the options available to help effectively manage their account.

At BrightHouse we don’t employ bailiffs. We always try to contact customers in writing and by telephone to discuss and agree the way forward. However, if we are unable to make contact with a customer, one of our employees may arrange a home visit to discuss the customer’s circumstances and agree on a course of action to help get things back on track.

I will be happy to look into the letters sent regarding the calls and visits. To do this I would need you to confirm your account details in an email to the customer relations team. Please email customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk with the subject heading as ‘CAG reference 104300’ so we can locate the letters sent.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Jason, the nature of the phone calls is irreverent, the OP has asked for them to stop. It is harassment. The charges are also unlawful.

OP please keep everything in writing!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

'At BrightHouse we don’t employ bailiffs. We always try to contact customers in writing and by telephone to discuss and agree the way forward. However, if we are unable to make contact with a customer, one of our employees may arrange a home visit to discuss the customer’s circumstances'

But your employees act like they think they are bailiffs!

When is Brighthouse going to put the company in order and start following the law?

they can't employ bailiffs end of!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nor can their staff claim to have any powers of entry to remove goods on an agreement with Brighthouse

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi Thanks

I am just feed up of them

i have been with this company for 7 years if not more and is all i have had is phone call after phone call

reminding me that i am 1 day late 3 days late and

on the Friday 4 or 5 calls reminding me it my day to pay,

BRIGHTHOUSE I KNOW MY DAY TO PAY IS A FRIDAY!!!!

when my mother died i told them to leave me alone for 2 weeks while we deal with the funeral

Of course they did not.

on the funeral day they phoned me 3 times

once during the service

however off course i had my phone on silent,

that was over 2 years ago now but i still remember the hassle.

I have mental health problems all this reclaiming just seems to be to much hassle. I dont think i am up to it

Hi leeontop,

I apologise it has come to a point where you are fed up.

I understand you’re frustrated but I would like the opportunity to resolve the situation.

As requested before, could you please email the customer relations team with the subject heading 'CAG reference 104300' and we can look in to this for you and put in place a suitable resolution.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Hi Thanks

I am just feed up of them

i have been with this company for 7 years if not more and is all i have had is phone call after phone call

reminding me that i am 1 day late 3 days late and

on the Friday 4 or 5 calls reminding me it my day to pay,

BRIGHTHOUSE I KNOW MY DAY TO PAY IS A FRIDAY!!!!

when my mother died i told them to leave me alone for 2 weeks while we deal with the funeral

Of course they did not.

on the funeral day they phoned me 3 times

once during the service

however off course i had my phone on silent,

that was over 2 years ago now but i still remember the hassle.

I have mental health problems all this reclaiming just seems to be to much hassle. I dont think i am up to it

Sorry to hear that leeontop.

If you want the help to reclaim it is here. I worry that you may be bullied further if you do not stand your ground.

Help is here if you want it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.