Black Horse Finance..... advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approximatley 6 yrs ago i took a secured loan out for £15,000 with black horse finance, repayments on the account where made every month up until 2002 when i fell into financial difficulty, my home ended up being repossessed & i kept black horse in the loop all through. After 18mths the property finally got sold on leaving me with a huge debt from the mortgage lender all being interest charges, i informed black horse of the situation as there was no monies to pay there debt on the property, whom adviced me to get in touch with the office of fair trading to dispute the charges.... this was never done as the mortgage lender never came after me for the debt & i never heard from black horse again.

In 2005 i moved and informed all including black horse & the mortgage lender of my new contact details .

Its now nov 2006 & i hadn't heard from either until yesterday i recieved a letter from " Lewis debit recovery" telling me that black horse had sold my debt to CL Finance & they where working on there behalf to recover the debt of £ 27,025 whish had to be paid in FULL by the end of nov.Can anyone please advice me where i stand with this as it seems this again is all interest & the fact nobody has made contact with me for years to recover any of the original loan although black horse was aware of the situation & had all my contact details.Ive also recieved a copy of my credit file which interestingly states the debt of £27,025 from black horse & a & £6,000 debt from the mortgage lender but again i wasn't aware of these figures as nobody has tried to recover them with me.I really dont know where to seek advice !!!!!!!!:confused:

Hi Carlalouise, welcome to the family.

I think that you might be best re-posting this in the Debt and Bailiffs Forum. There are a lot of very knowledgeable members there who will be able to help you.

Click on this link for DEBT AND BAILIFFS FORUM....

Good luck with your problem.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Carla,

I'm in a big fight with Black Horse Ltd, I am taking them to court, and I'm gonna win no doubt about it I have found out certain information about them that is mind blowing & could get Black Horse Finance ( Chartered Trust Plc) off your back. Can you give me a little bit more info, I don't want to know amounts of money, just exactly when ( date and year)?

Did they inform you that they were selling the Debt?

Did they give you a chance to pay it off before they sold it? ( even if you coudn't?

Did you sign a credit agreement that contained a Data Protection Declaration

( ie your perission to them to pass on information and was their address St William House Tresillion Terrace Cardiff) Honestly If you can give me this information I could possibly help you in real terms.

If you want you can E-mail me privately at [deleted for your protection. 90000 users, we can't guarantee they're all nice people]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently in court defending an action from Black Horse Limited. The action was raised throught Direct Legal & Collections instructing a Scottish Solicitor. The case is at preliminary hearing. (judge decides if it's worth proceeding) Case is stalled until the original credit agreement is produced. Allowing the calendar month of the CCA request to expire. Black Horse have yet to respond to a CCA and the Data Protection Act. 40 days for the Data Protection Act expires tomorrow.

Interestingly the pursuer has provided a receipt for an alleged payment sometime in 2002. Proving beyond doubt that they do have information they could have provided under the CCA and Data Protection Act. In fact any information from the pursuer has not been forthcoming.

The initial loan was pre- 1999 with Charted Trust PLC disputed at the time due to no PPI pay-out. Short contact with Direct Legal in 2002 and nothing until a summons several weeks ago.

I'm interested in some of the issues this case raises. If the information was available to the solicitors then the information was denied to me under the DPA and CCA requests.

I'm concerned that if I signed a financial agreement with Chartered Trust that Black Horse do not have my authority to process my personal information/data and have supplied it to 2 third parties.

Hopefully I can win this case. However If I lose it appears the pursuers have already provided the evidence for a claim of damages under the DPA. Damages being any financial loss I suffer due to there action and a claim for miss sold PPI. Anything you have may be helpful.

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.