Dealing with Woolworths

Maverick Man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am trying to deal with my £540.00 woolworths debt. I have set up a payment plan a couple of times with them but have struggled to keep up with it and payment has lapsed.

I paid £50 this month which should have bought my balance down but I was hit with a £12.00 fee for a 'debt collection letter' and £16 interest. The interest I can understand but the £12.00 fee for a letter I feel is unfair. I would say that a lot of the £540 is probably made up by these extra fees.

While i understand I need to pay back what I owe, I need it to be affordable at the same time and I do not feel they are helping. Another problem is the 28 day cycle which falls between pay days for me and exacerbates the situation.

What should be the first course of action?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread

I have been trying to organise a payment plan with Woolworths. Not having much luck over the phone. I am happy to £50 a month but the issue is that they require the payment every 28 days which falls in between my pay days. This means I get a charge and then pay £50 which doesn't hardly take anything off my account.

What can I do?

Got all statements? If so, start reclaiming them. ALL of them. Also tell them you cant afford repayments and tell them to cease interest and charges as their actions do nothing to help you. If they refuse, drop payments to £1. Dont worry about charges as you can reclaim them all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested

I finally got a payment plan sorted which is affordable to me. I got £36 in charges refunded (3 x £12) and interest frozen but still unhappy with this. I'd already sent a letter of complaint before seeing this. I will be reclaiming the other charges.

I have to say though, it took far too long to sort out an affordable payment plan and I'm disappointed it took so much time. There needs to be some major reform in how these companies work.

the golden rule is not to use the phone.

It is over the phone that these thigns get dragged out

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I used the phone at first and ended up having a full blown row with the woman. Not my finest moment.

Through the help of people on this forum I got the head gaffers email and of course he didnt answer it but one of the executive complaint team did. She sent me an initial email stating she'd got the email I'd sent, then followed up a week later with her 'findings' and the solutions. I was happy with what she said in the email. I then received another emailed from her supervisor going over what was said in the first email which was alright.

It took so long to sort out that while i'm happy with the initial resolution of the complaint I am still going to get the other charges refunded.

It is beyond belief that it took so much hassle to get a fair payment scheme and some (but not all) charges refunded. They still stick by the payments every 28 days (regardless of when you can pay them) which in my opinion exacerbates what you owe them.