Judges Demand DCA - are they real!!

jamieh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter today from this company stating that I owe thme £122.

They said it was originally a debt from another company and had been £33.

It was for a parcel I sent that weighed more than I had put on the form.

The parcel was sent last November.

I did not receive any letters from the original company, or emails,

although they said the sent emails.

I do not see how they can increase the amount from £33 to £122,

when I did not even know about it.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this.

I live in Scotland.

scan up the letter

never heard of this lot

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They shouldn't be allowed to call themselves that !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

They shouldn't be allowed to call themselves that !

This mother and son firm seem to target smaller debts seen a couple only in the last year,

£30- £150 level, nursery schools fees.

I don't think Mrs Judge can be stopped from using her name.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The name is obviously being used to frighten people into thinking it is a demand from a judge!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The name is obviously being used to frighten people into thinking it is a demand from a judge!

Indeed so, but I cannot see a way to stop them using the trading style.

A complaint to the CSA will get nowhere, as will a complaint to the regulators I think.

The FCA might note that it is possibly misleading but Judge is the owners surname.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I concur, the manner in which it is being used could be construed as misleading and misrepresentation

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have always wondered why society needs private debt collectors at all,

if once a court has issued an order for recovery of debt,

why would any consumer who is owed money

ie is the creditor want to increase their costs of collection by using a debt collector ?

And as for the debtor,

I am sure they do not want to pay more than they have to especially if they are innocent defaulters

(ie they are not deliberate fraudsters),

then they certainly wouldn't like to incur extra amounts just due to a middleman/ unnecessary third party.

I believe the courts could allocate staff to monitor progress or leave it to the creditor themselves to collect their own debt.

And if a debtor still does not pay, it should go to the police because it means the debtor wants to steel someone's else's

money.

Edited by FairplayA

Often book debts are expensive to administer

so creditors look to sell of balances write off against tax ( or bad debt relief).

Debts are sold in portfolio lots with face values in the millions, each debt is sold for pennies in the pound but when accounted in total the selling creditors bad debt is significantly lower and the shareholders are happier.

Even so, Judges may be surname, Demand is not :)

Judges Collection or Judges Debt Reovery etc are still better

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

OK quick flip through some web

Certain names and expressions are considered "Sensitive" and require permission form varying bodies in writing before you can use. Others need you to have certain qualification and memberships.

Interestingly just because it is your surname you do not have the automatic right to use it as a business name if it matches a Sensitive word or expression.

I grant you one example of a commonly used surname.

KING

You cannot use this word unless the body shown below confirms (letter or email) that it has no objection.

England & Northern Ireland:

E-mail (faster & preferred) RoyalNames@cabinet-office.gsi.gov.uk

or write to:

Cabinet office

Constitutional Policy Team

4th Floor (South 1)

1 Horse Guards Road

London SW1A 2HQ

To support and speed up your application please email the Cabinet Office with as much information as possible such as the reason(s) you wish to use this word; the history of the company/organisation and its future plans; details of any Royal or Government associations/leading members; details of leading members and membership numbers; details of any publications and if appropriate, accounts for the last 3 years.

If you wish to use the name to represent an existing public house, hotel or similar establishment please provide evidence including the length of time it has existed; if the name represents a street name, evidence of location; if the name is a surname; if it has long usage and any other relevant information.

------------------

Sadly though Judge or Demands are not on that list. HOWEVER one could argue that the example above means that just because it is your surname it does not exlude you from regulation and therefore must not be misleading or misrepresentation of legal authority.