Are your medical records correct

SHIRLI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when complaining to the g.m.c or ombudsman you are required to give permission for your medical records to be available. so it is very important these records are correct. you have a right to see any records ( without charge ) held by the n.h.s which are all available at your g.p. practice. you may also request photocopies so you may read them at home at your leisure ( there will be a charge for this ) if like me you have found errors in your records you must write or better email the practice manager and ask for for them to be corrected immediately, this could be the difference between your complaint being taken seriously and your complaint being cast aside.

THE PRACTICE MANAGER KNOWS THIS

Your posts seem to be saying you are running some sort of vendetta against the NHS ??

good evening conniff

it is not a vendetta but extreme dissatisfaction with the n.h.s plus the added frustration that the n.h.s can do basically what they want with virtually no accountability to the general public.

I had no reason to complain until 2 years ago then several incident occurred which I felt strongly enough to demand an explanation, there are those who may think I am complaining too much, but they are missing the point, most people will never complain they are afraid, they don't want to be disliked or unpopular. what is unthinkable to the n.h.s is that parts of it is rotten to the core why would one person have several bone-fide complaints which are now being investigated.

by using this and other social media to make my voice heard people will realise they are not alone and can complain if they are not happy

Edited by SHIRLI

Conniff, I'd say Shirl1 has learned through bitter experience and she is trying to warn others before they too fall prey.

We have pathetic regulatory bodies (not just for health) in this country. Sadly the first time you learn this is when something goes wrong. Best to never be their victim in the first place. Trust is for fools.

Only those who have been damaged by the NHS will know how difficult they make it to get honest answers or an apology. If they are never made accountable for mistakes or failures, how will they ever learn by them and what impetus is there to change and ensure that they are not repeated?

Our High Street banks (now) seem to be more accountable for the treatment of their customers than the NHS does for the treatment of its patients. What does that say about our country?

Conniff, I'd say Shirl1 has learned through bitter experience and she is trying to warn others before they too fall prey.

We have pathetic regulatory bodies (not just for health) in this country. Sadly the first time you learn this is when something goes wrong. Best to never be their victim in the first place. Trust is for fools.

Only those who have been damaged by the NHS will know how difficult they make it to get honest answers or an apology. If they are never made accountable for mistakes or failures, how will they ever learn by them and what impetus is there to change and ensure that they are not repeated?

Our High Street banks (now) seem to be more accountable for the treatment of their customers than the NHS does for the treatment of its patients. What does that say about our country?

GOOD MORNING SALI

thank you for your support

the reason I posted this thread

last week I was at my gp's surgery checking the last two years of my medical records to make sure all details are correct as I have signed giving permission to the ombudsman to request copies. although you hear about n.h.s staff covering their tracks with dirty tricks I trusted my gp's surgery not to do this. but horror of horrors I found things were not there that would have assisted my complaint and information I strongly believe to be incorrect, I have requested all my records both paper and electronic but so I may peruse them at home and then take the appropriate action. they are making a charge of £50 which I have agreed.

Well, it will be interesting to see if you are able to change the incorrect records. I have heard too many cases where this has proved impossible. You see when it comes to whom to believe, it will be the doctor every time.

Your posts seem to be saying you are running some sort of vendetta against the NHS ??

This was subject to "site team intervention" previously post removed by CB.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well, it will be interesting to see if you are able to change the incorrect records. I have heard too many cases where this has proved impossible. You see when it comes to whom to believe, it will be the doctor every time.

Taking a reasoned and structured approach with complaints regarding NHS services and medical conduct problems via the GMC will get far better results than the attitude we have seen on other thread from Shirl.

Keeping an open mind and not deciding that the system is against you also helps.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Other people's negative experiences should not stop a person (they would never have stopped me) informally or formally trying to resolve a complaint. However, I wish I'd visited this forum before my own encounters with the NHS. I would have been wiser and perhaps had a more positive outcome. We live, we learn.

Taking a reasoned and structured approach with complaints regarding NHS services and medical conduct problems via the GMC will get far better results than the attitude we have seen on other thread from Shirl.

Keeping an open mind and not deciding that the system is against you also helps.

GOOD AFTERNOON BRIGADIER

thank you for your input, the G.M.C is for complaints about doctors only, this particular complaint is about a practice nurse who acted unprofessionally during a smear test also the practice manger for failing to investigate the incident until I involved the ombudsman, this incident happened 2 years ago and throughout I have stuck to the correct complaints protocol.

1. putting the complaint to my gp practice ( completely ignored )

2. complaint sent to the primary care trust ( which was disbanded april 2013 )

3. onto N.H.S direct they sent me a ref number and the pre-printed ( we are sorry to hear about your experience etc etc ) sending me a ref number and name of the person who will be looking into my complaint.

I thought things were going well until I phoned them after 4 months to find out how the investigation was going I was informed on the phone that I had phoned some time ago to say I no longer wished to continue with my complaint, when I asked them the date I called and the person I spoke to they could not find the answer.

4. the ombudsman which is nearly at the end of its desision

I will post another thread when I have more time this weekend which I believe will explain why I feel the system is against all who have had complaints

Edited by SHIRLI

GOOD AFTERNOON BRIGADIER

thank you for your input, the G.M.C is for complaints about doctors only, this particular complaint is about a practice nurse who acted unprofessionally during a smear test also the practice manger for failing to investigate the incident until I involved the ombudsman, this incident happened 2 years ago and throughout I have stuck to the correct complaints protocol

1. putting the complaint to my gp practice ( completely ignored )

2. complaint sent to the primary care trust ( which was disbanded april 2013 )

3. onto N.H.S direct they sent me a ref number and the pre-printed ( we are sorry to hear about your experience etc etc ) sending me a ref number and name of the person who will be looking into my complaint.

I thought things were going well until I phoned them after 4 months to find out how the investigation was going I was informed on the phone that I had phoned some time ago to say I no longer wished to continue with my complaint, when I asked them the date I called and the person I spoke to they could not find the answer.

4. the ombudsman which is nearly at the end of its desision

I will post another thread when I have more time this weekend which I believe will explain why I feel the system is against all who have had complaints

The Nursing & Midwifery Council regulates all nurses in the UK!

The Nursing & Midwifery Council regulates all nurses in the UK!

GOOD MORNING BRIGADIER

thanks for that, i was in a hurry yesterday failing to mention the two other authorities i complained to

The police

i complained to them before i contacted n.h.s direct.

they asked me if " this assault was sexually motivated " i said " no i do not think this assault was sexually motivated " the police officer had a meeting with her senior officer called me back and said " we know this sort of thing happens but as you agreed to have the smear test their is nothing we can do legally " then advised to go through the n.h.s complaints procedure

The Nursing & Midwifery Council sympathetic but no clout as yet

GOOD MORNING BRIGADIER

thanks for that, i was in a hurry yesterday failing to mention the two other authorities i complained to

The police

i complained to them before i contacted n.h.s direct.

they asked me if " this assault was sexually motivated " i said " no i do not think this assault was sexually motivated " the police officer had a meeting with her senior officer called me back and said " we know this sort of thing happens but as you agreed to have the smear test their is nothing we can do legally " then advised to go through the n.h.s complaints procedure

The Nursing & Midwifery Council sympathetic but no clout as yet

Much will depend upon what other complaints/concerns have been raised in regards to the "standard of care" provided by the nurse concerned.

Have others raised concerns, have complaint been made to the practice in which nurse is employed?

Much will depend upon what other complaints/concerns have been raised in regards to the "standard of care" provided by the nurse concerned.

Have others raised concerns, have complaint been made to the practice in which nurse is employed?

THANK YOU BRIGADIER

for your comments and suggestions

they are all valid points and a good source of information to all who had similar complaints.

if anyone else had dared to complain and I am sure that my case is not an isolated incident the practice manager and ombudsman would have these details, of which I am not privy to.

if I am able to bring a private prosecution ( which would be worth every penny ) my legal representative would be able to source this information.

during my complaint I was asked several times both verbally and on complaint forms if I was looking for financial damages I have always said " no I am not looking for financial reward I am only looking for an explanation from the

nurse who caused this complaint "

THANK YOU BRIGADIER

for your comments and suggestions

they are all valid points and a good source of information to all who had similar complaints.

if anyone else had dared to complain and I am sure that my case is not an isolated incident the practice manager and ombudsman would have these details, of which I am not privy to.

if I am able to bring a private prosecution ( which would be worth every penny ) my legal representative would be able to source this information.

during my complaint I was asked several times both verbally and on complaint forms if I was looking for financial damages I have always said " no I am not looking for financial reward I am only looking for an explanation from the

nurse who caused this complaint "

The sad fact is that if you were to seek financial rederess the " investiagtion" would definitely be more in depth.

The sad fact is that if you were to seek financial rederess the " investiagtion" would definitely be more in depth.

both the ombudsman n.h.s direct and the g.m.c state on their complaints form if you are seeking financial address you must take legal action, as they do not investigate those looking for financial gain.

my best advice for anyone complaining is to first seek no financial address until your complaint has been investigated by government medical bodies then depending on the outcome decide if you wish to take legal action

both the ombudsman n.h.s direct and the g.m.c state on their complaints form if you are seeking financial address you must take legal action, as they do not investigate those looking for financial gain.

my best advice for anyone complaining is to first seek no financial address until your complaint has been investigated by government medical bodies then depending on the outcome decide if you wish to take legal action

hi SHIRLI the gmc also cannot even request that a doctor apologises to you so what on gods earth does the gmc actually do except receive over the top salaries financed by us the taxpayer.

what is actually going on in this country

hi SHIRLI the gmc also cannot even request that a doctor apologises to you so what on gods earth does the gmc actually do except receive over the top salaries financed by us the taxpayer.

what is actually going on in this country

MORNING ALIGRUBS

the g.m.c recently have proposed a change in policy to enable them to take into account any apology the doctor makes where it has been proved they have made mistakes when deciding what action to take when against the doctor