Terrible 3G speeds. Vodafone says it's due to too many customers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the past 2 weeks the 3G on my phone has been way below 1mbps which is unacceptable. I've been on to vodafone several times who blamed the phone despite the 3G speeds being good elsewhere, the sim card to which they replaced it, then numerous masts not working correctly despite their live coverage checker saying everything was fine.

Now I have been back on today and the advisor tried to sell me a Sure Signal box for £75 which I wasn't prepared to pay. The advisor later stated that

" We can confirm that it is not fault at all, and there are no faults or anything reported in the area as we got the confirmation from the team it might get updated more in the future and you have a service working Ryan yes it could be slow but at the end of the day you are able to use your service for calls, texts and internet "

They are now basically trying to say they have too many customers in my area so that's the reason the service is poor. I pay a great deal of money to them every month for them to take this shocking unhelpful stance. It was basically there is nothing we can do.

Absolutely frustrated!

For the past 2 weeks the 3G on my phone has been way below 1mbps which is unacceptable. I've been on to vodafone several times who blamed the phone despite the 3G speeds being good elsewhere, the sim card to which they replaced it, then numerous masts not working correctly despite their live coverage checker saying everything was fine.

Now I have been back on today and the advisor tried to sell me a Sure Signal box for £75 which I wasn't prepared to pay. The advisor later stated that

" We can confirm that it is not fault at all, and there are no faults or anything reported in the area as we got the confirmation from the team it might get updated more in the future and you have a service working Ryan yes it could be slow but at the end of the day you are able to use your service for calls, texts and internet "

They are now basically trying to say they have too many customers in my area so that's the reason the service is poor. I pay a great deal of money to them every month for them to take this shocking unhelpful stance. It was basically there is nothing we can do.

Absolutely frustrated!

Confused.

Why are they trying to sell you a Sure Signal box?.

Sure signal gives you a better 3G signal at home : it is a femtocell. It gives you a better 3G signal - useful for voice.

It does so by being a "tiny phone mast" in your home, connecting back to Voda using your existing home broadband connection.

Its niche, then, is if you have poor voice signal, as it may well fix that.

It is poor for data : it will use your home broadband data allowance & your Voda data allowance too : in effect costing you allowance twice!

For data, if data is the issue, if you have broadband at home, can you not just use data on your phone over wi-fi?

If you don't have wi-fi at home but have broadband, a wifi router will be cheaper than a sure signal box. I can only see Sure Signal being a better option at home if your phone doesn't have wi-fi : where a phone that does have wi-fi may still be a better solution for poor data than a sure signal box : you could use wi-fi (if available) away from home too, whereas Sure Signal can only improve things at home.