Marlin europe das related earnings arrestment concurrent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi new poster.i had recently signed up to a DAS (JANUARY 2014)creditor is Marlin who bought off clydesdale debt.

I am paying £400 a month to clear it but i had an earnings arressment in place that should have been stopped but wasn't.

It was for £138 a month so i was in effect paying £538 a month which was seriously affecting quality of life and limiting expenditure severely.

Last month I pointed out arrestment still in place to DAS administrators and they said they would contact Marlin on my behalf. Marlin agreed to send back these overpayments and told administrators it would take 2 weeks.

3 weeks later not a sausage so contacted administrators who were given runaround again.finally got this from administrators today"I explained that you have entered into a DAS and any funds taken from you after the DAS was set up outside of the arrangement needs to be refunded.

The refund amount in question being £521.20. I advised that we called them on 26th June & 14th July and have not received the refund yet. I said I also called yesterday but received no reply.

It appears that we have been incorrectly updated when I previously called Marlin, as they have today said there is currently an ongoing query on this account. They said they are querying the refund request to find the correct course of action & are currently awaiting a response from original creditor Clydesdale.

They said the account is on hold in the meantime. I asked them for a time frame however they could not provide this. I asked whether this could be treated as a matter of urgency as you are expecting the refund and were previously advised it would take a matter of days.

They confirmed this matter is already being treated urgently & they are currently liaising with the original creditor to find an outcome. I am sorry that they did not advise us of this previously.

Marlin said they would raise this as a training issue at their end. The Creditor Team at Wilson Andrews will continue to monitor this & will be calling Marlin back to make sure this is resolved as soon as possible."the administrators are doing their best for me but i wonder if anyone can advise on my next action?thanks

Edited by maroondevo52
Formatting

Hello and Welcome,

Sorry to hear about your problem, I'd think your DAS administrator should have got this sorted.

I'm not sure there's a lot you can do as those involved say they are treating this as a urgent case.

You could try getting in touch with dasscotland, they do have a complaints procedure...............

http://dasscotland.gov.uk/contact-us/complaints-procedure/how-do-i-complain

Could you give us some history of this debt.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This is an extremely unusual situation as the DAS admin team are normally very efficient when dealing with issues of this type. However as DAS is a Scottish debt remedy which does not extend to other parts of the UK, you will find that third party agents from outwith Scotland are not familiar with the legislation and tend to blunder on regardless.

Nevertheless the legislation is quite clear and I am confident that this issue will be dealt with sooner rather than later. If not you may wish to contact the DAS admin team and request a payment reduction by means of Variation until such time as this issue is resolved.

I hope this information is of assistance