Personal details given to claiment

dave689
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, long time reader first time poster.

I was issued with a court claim form recently which I have defended and returned back to the court .

I am representing myself and have prepared the defense. Photos and witness statements have all been sent off.

I received a copy of the defense from the court addressed to my brother (who is another defendant) today care of my address as he is living abroad and very hard to get hold of at the moment.

In the copied defense was a copy of the N9B form which contained my address, dob , home telephone number and personal email address.

This has me worried as the claimant is a neighbour who is already making life difficult for me - taking me to court for something I didn't do...I am dumbfounded that my personal details have been disclosed to this man, and by the court.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Dave

Why are you "dumbfounded"?

I assume you put all these details on the forms/statements when you sent them back to the Court?

Anything you file with the Court will be sent on to the Claimant.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I would assume that my defense would be forwarded on to the claimant but not the N9B form ?

Why would this be forwarded on .

My witness statement would not need my home telephone number or email address.

The N9B form asks me to sign and asks where notices about the case are to be forwarded to, so I put in my contact details, so the court could contact me, not claimant.

Dave

The N9B is your Defence and Counter claim form though which is why it was sent to the Claimant.

As the Claimant is your neighbour I'm sure he could find out your phone number easily enough from the phone book etc and there's not much he can do with your e-mail address.

Ganymede, again thanks for the reply, makes me feel a little bit better.

My number is ex directory but hey ho lets hope I don't get any funny phone calls or dodgy emails .....but to be honest I'm not really holding much hope.

I honestly didn't realise that he would get to see the official type form,if I had of known I would of kept my personal bits off.

I haven't any details on him just a name an address.

The claimant has entered an CFA with a solictor and barrister so has legal representation on their side.

Truth is I'm gutted that someone who is making up false allegations against me and my family,bullying me for money with no win no fee solicitors now has my personal details.

Dave