Vodafone service not as expected

Guest sparrot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest sparrot

I have 4 accounts with Vodafone (1 personal, 1 work, 1 data and 1 for the wife).

When I took out the contract with Vodafone I have recently moved across from overseas and did not have an established long term credit record. As a result the sales person requested that I pay a £20 fee for the new contract - something I was willing to do as the contract was a good deal and I would get further discount through the employee advantage scheme.

I signed up for the employees advantage scheme and got notified that it was active and looking back at my bills the discount had been applied.

I received a message from Vodafone that they are upping my data allowance to 5Gig from the 3Gig per my initial contract. No mention of any change in contract or termination of the employee advantage benefit. Per the terms and conditions it reads that if "you" change your package then you will need to reapply for the discount.

I did not change my package, my monthly amount is still the same and Vodafone simply decided to increase my data allowance, this was done without my request or authorization.

I noted on my bill during June that the employee advantage discount was no longer applied and contacted the customer service team on 14 July (within 30 days of noting the discount being missing). They indicated that I should have reapplied for the employee advantage scheme due to a contract change - something I did not request and received no notification whatsoever that my discount which I have applied for would fall away.

I would like to see if a Vodafone customer care representative on this forum would be able to properly resolve this matter as I don't believe this was an honest move by the company and the employee advantage scheme was the main consideration as it made the total cost of the package the most favorable.

Hi sparrot,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can help you further, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Guest sparrot

Hi Lee

Thanks for the prompt response - I have sent through the contact link email as requested.

Guest sparrot

Hi Lee

Thanks for the update provided via email. I am certainly very happy to have had someone understand the problem that I was experiencing.

Thanks you very much for the assistance - I just wish I could have dealt with someone like you on the first few attempts with dealing with this problem.

Overall happy with the response.

So what was the outcome?

Will Vodafone be taking the matter further to prevent it happening again?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Lee

Thanks for the update provided via email. I am certainly very happy to have had someone understand the problem that I was experiencing.

Thanks you very much for the assistance - I just wish I could have dealt with someone like you on the first few attempts with dealing with this problem.

Overall happy with the response.

Please provide details as to how this was resolved....what happened?