HMRC taking payments, not passing to SLC

clairey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out loans in 1998, 1999 & 2000 when I did my undergraduate degree. I have since been paying student loan repayments of various amounts over the years. Due to the fact that I took maximum loan amounts, I just continued paying without monitoring as I felt that this would take me a long time to pay off at the rate I was when I was first employed. (I think some of my early payments were as low as £15 p/m.) More recently I've been increasing in salary to the point of which I now pay about £200-300 p/m. So I started thinking about how long I might have left to pay this loan that takes a fair chunk every month, especially now that I'm taking out a mortgage and paying a pension and all the other deductibles of sensible adult life.

When I started examining my past statements, I'm 99% convinced that a substantial number of my loan payments have not been passed onto SLC. So I am going back to 2001 when I graduated and got my first job to try and start gathering evidence of the loan payments I have made. This is a bit tricky as I don't have all my payslips from the early years and I moved around temping for a while. Nonetheless, I have a substantial amount of my old payslips and am building my info.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone has any experience or stories of this happening, how easy it was to sort out and what the result was? I'd just like to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Thanks,

Claire