Which way to turn...?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi .. Hoping to get some advice...

A few years ago I set up a DMP and was plodding along with that until I got my head turned by Unenforcabilty back in 2011,

stopped all payments sent CCA's got some replies and some ignored me.

Then a few things went wrong for my family, and I couldn't cope very well with everything that was going on,

I buried my head deep in the sand and started promptly ignoring everything.

Fast forward to the end of last year and

I received Court Papers for a small debt I'd been ignoring,

I didn't know what to do,

made them a full & final offer

which to my huge surprise and relief was accepted,

then I paid and stuck my head firmly back in the sand.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago (I'm still ignoring all the debt stuff - throwing away letters, etc) and

I receive another set of court papers,

again a credit card I've been ignoring,

again I made an offer,

which was accepted

but I haven't paid yet as I am still waiting to hear from them.

again a couple of weeks ago,

I received more court papers,

this time for an ignored overdraft,

again made an offer,

which they've replied to me with a counter offer,

which I can afford if I lend the money.

But right now I'm terrified of how many more times I have to go through this

... As I said, I've (stupidly) ignored everything,

right now I don't even know who I owe the money too, or where to start or what to do.

My last payments to them all where made through the DMP some time around May 2011.

Most of the debts are £1-2000, which if it comes to it and court papers are received I can raise the funds for around a 50% offer of F&F.

But this isn't ideal I know, and the stress of it is killing me,

the thing is I barely receive any letters regarding these debts now...

. And the one thing that has me really worried is a larger debt,

a bank loan which was left with a balance of around £8000 when I stopped paying,

If I receive papers for this one I wouldnt be able to raise enough money to make a F&F offer,

then what would happen?

Sorry this has been such a long post,

and sorry if I've posted in the wrong place,

I'm just not sure which way to turn,

I was thinking of finding out who I owe the money to

and then trying to self manage a DMP,

but I don't think I'm anywhere near strong enough to handle that.

Any advice would be massively appreciated...

Well I guess the first step is to get hold of your credit files so that you can see what's on there and who you owe money to.

You could try noddle for a quick look. It's free but it's notorious for not being up to date, so I'd suggest that you check out Experian and Equifax too which are £2 each.

Once you know what you're dealing with it'll be easier to see a way forward.

Well done for getting your head out of the sand. It's a good first step. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

One point to start it is unwise to borrow further to pay off your debts, that aside are you sure these debts are all valid.

It may help to get the right advice if you list the debts here.

The Name of the Creditor/date started/ is a debt collection agency involved/if so which one?

Have check your credit reference files to check the status of the debts.

Do you know how much you actually owe, to whom and what for, it seems from what you say some accounts may be very old?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks .. I'll get hold of a credit file and see what's what.

One thing I should mention is some of the debts are mine, some are my partners, everything has always been left up to me to sort out... The oldest debt is only from 2001, and the most recent was 2008 i think, it was a case of ' get credit card, max to limit, get another credit card, rinse and repeat.....

Oh and the lending to repay, I know it's far from ideal, but it is from a family member rather than another bank/credit card. Still not ideal but I didn't know what else I could do..?

Thanks .. I'll get hold of a credit file and see what's what.

One thing I should mention is some of the debts are mine, some are my partners, everything has always been left up to me to sort out... The oldest debt is only from 2001, and the most recent was 2008 i think, it was a case of ' get credit card, max to limit, get another credit card, rinse and repeat.....

Oh and the lending to repay, I know it's far from ideal, but it is from a family member rather than another bank/credit card. Still not ideal but I didn't know what else I could do..?

Some of the early debts starting in 2001 may well have problems with paperwork are any of these the ones with court papers issued?

The first thing to do is get some details of the debts on here, there will plenty of good advice available.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ok, I've just took a quick look on Noodle, None of that makes any sense to me, will have a look at equifax shortly.

I did try the UE route a while back, using advice from another site, some came back enforceable some Unenforceable, the current court papers are for one CC, Which was opened in 2004 i believe, I sent CCA request but never actually received anything solid back from them. I've offered 40% and they've accepted.

The other Court papers are for an overdraft, I offered 40% again, the came back at me with a figure tha'ts around 75%.

ok, I've just took a quick look on Noodle, None of that makes any sense to me, will have a look at equifax shortly.

I did try the UE route a while back, using advice from another site, some came back enforceable some Unenforceable, the current court papers are for one CC, Which was opened in 2004 i believe, I sent CCA request but never actually received anything solid back from them. I've offered 40% and they've accepted.

The other Court papers are for an overdraft, I offered 40% again, the came back at me with a figure tha'ts around 75%.

Ok if you can please post up the CRA files redact account numbers and personal identifiers, it will help to know who and what you owe.

So delete all the personal info and post credit report here? Sorry if I seem like I'm being a bit dumb...

Yes correct leave dates and amounts in place and the name of the creditor or debt collection agency.

If you have to take out a loan, then you can't afford it.

Loan from "family" it seems.

Even worse. There's nothing sadder than losing the trust and love of family because you can't pay back a loan they helped you with.

How right you are Coniff!! recipe for disaster.

Ok, So this is just my list ... I cant access the other half's credit report as he works away and isn't here with me right now...

MKDP LLP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2007

BALANCE £1471

MKDP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2003

BALANCE £1095

(This one is previously Barclaycard - Have a letter somewhere from Barclaycard saying something along the lines of 'We don't have a CCA, so we wont enforce the debt but please pay us)

Halifax

Bank Loan

ACCOUNT OPENED 04/2008

BALANCE £7595

LOWELL PORTFOLIO

ACCOUNT OPENED 02-2001

MAIL ORDER

BALANCE £258

(I've no idea what this is)

LOWELL

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2001

BALANCE £1056

1ST CREDIT

OPENED 02/06

BALANCE £1450

(This is one that I have court papers for, I made an offer, they rejected but came back with another offer for me, they're currrently waiting my reply)

MOORGATE

OPENED 05/2006

BALANCE £1511

This is everything for me, as you can see there's not really any huge amounts but it's enough for me to be losing sleep ...

start a new thread for the one with the current court claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, So this is just my list ... I cant access the other half's credit report as he works away and isn't here with me right now...

MKDP LLP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2007

BALANCE £1471 Who was the creditor? When was the last time a payment was made?

MKDP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2003 **** Are you paying this? *****

BALANCE £1095

(This one is previously Barclaycard - Have a letter somewhere from Barclaycard saying something along the lines of 'We don't have a CCA, so we wont enforce the debt but please pay us)

Halifax

Bank Loan

ACCOUNT OPENED 04/2008 Payments been made or being made?

BALANCE £7595

LOWELL PORTFOLIO

ACCOUNT OPENED 02-2001

MAIL ORDER

BALANCE £258 ***** seems like a catalogue account **** Any payments made? Is there a default date showing?

LOWELL

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2001 *** what is this? Are you or have you been paying?

BALANCE £1056

1ST CREDIT

OPENED 02/06

BALANCE £1450

(This is one that I have court papers for, I made an offer, they rejected but came back with another offer for me, they're currrently waiting my reply) **** Did you ask for proof of this debt? when was it defaulted?

MOORGATE

OPENED 05/2006

BALANCE £1511 *** what is this one? Any payments made?

This is everything for me, as you can see there's not really any huge amounts but it's enough for me to be losing sleep ...

Ok I'll make some notes next to each one.

Are there default dates on these entries?

Ok I'll make some notes next to each one.

Are there default dates on these entries?

MKDP LLP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2007

BALANCE £1471

Original Creditor was Barclaycard, Credit Card, Defaulted 01/2012

MKDP

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2003

BALANCE £1095

Halifax

Bank Loan

ACCOUNT OPENED 04/2008

BALANCE £7595

LOWELL PORTFOLIO

ACCOUNT OPENED 02-2001

MAIL ORDER

BALANCE £258

Defaulted 04/2012

LOWELL

ACCOUNT OPENED 10/2001

BALANCE £1056

Previously Lloyds TSB Credit card

1ST CREDIT

OPENED 02/06

BALANCE £1450

(This is one that I have court papers for, I made an offer, they rejected but came back with another offer for me, they're currrently waiting my reply)

MOORGATE

OPENED 05/2006

BALANCE £1511

Previously MBNA Loan

Updated, I haven't made any payments on anything at all since around April/May 2011

So all of these have had payments made in the last 6 years?

Account 1. MKDP a CCA request would be a good idea.

Account 2. MKDP CCA again let's see what they come up with.

Account 3.Halifax Loan have you done a CCA request?

Account 4. Lowell Mail order a CCA request definitely.

Account 5. Lowell. Tsb: Default date?? CCA request if not already done.

Account 6.1st Credit *** As dx100 says separate thread as court action active.

Account 7. MBNA have you CCA request done on this if not do so.

Ok, New thread started for the court action ... Just wondering is it wise for me to send a CCA request straight away? I hear very little from the DCAs, and I really don't want to 'wake them up' so to speak... would I not be best to wait til I heaar from them - then send the CCA request?[/quote

Ok which DCA (s) are actually in contact know.

To be honest, I haven't been keeping any letters, but I don't think I've heard anything from anyone for a while ... I do know Halifax send me a statement regarding the loan once a year though...

Ok we will leave the bulk of the debts, you need to concentrate on the court papers received.

Have you acknowledged service of the claim?